• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who broke what?

I just scraped my passenger mirror off on a tree.

At least, that's all I've noticed so far...

Both drivers side ball joints, drivers axle shaft, and I think the inner c is bent. And a bumper end.

At least it waited till we were done, would have really sucked on friday.:)

A couple of new dents which means I'm down to one last straight vertical body panel left. And possibly one smoked trailer hub on the way home.

seanR said:
I cut my finger making breakfast Saturday A.M.
Allright then, if we're getting that technical....
I did get a paper cut while putting sodas in the cooler.
It hurt too.

I broke the welds on the ladder bar brackets. Bob Loose's friend re-welded them back on for me. I also severly bent the stock tie rod on Friday. I straightened it that evening, but it was toast very early Saturday. Several of you all helped me sleave it with the high lift jack handle and our group was off again in about 15 minutes.

Of course there are more dents and dings ...

Thanks to everyone that helped me out!!

Les

PS: I also cracked a rear hatch (Rangers). :anon:

Popped both of my AUX backup lights the first day out. Good thing there $12 TSC's! Pulled some of the bolts that hold on my Bushwackers on out. A few scrapes on my rockers, and I had though I thrashed a break line on the rocks by the tubes. However they seemed to work fine after I about ran the stop light at the gas station. Guess the rears where just full of sand.

I have a stuffy nose from the damn heater in my hotel room:D

...BOB

Last edited:
dented the rear quarter on the passenger side. Did something to the brakes. Gonna have to bleed them.
Here's to denting a perfectly straight MJ :beer:

My interior got pretty soggy. Got home and pulled the seats and carpet. Toasted an XM unit that was mounted under the rear seat. Lots of mud everywhere and the carpet weighed a ton.

My track bar bushing is popping (axle end). The bolt isn't moving in the bracket like what usually happens, guess the bushing is going out. Have to get to that next weekend.

Prepmech said:
My interior got pretty soggy. Got home and pulled the seats and carpet. Toasted an XM unit that was mounted under the rear seat. Lots of mud everywhere and the carpet weighed a ton.

My track bar bushing is popping (axle end). The bolt isn't moving in the bracket like what usually happens, guess the bushing is going out. Have to get to that next weekend.
that's a bummer about the XM unit. Looks like you need to mount that in the glovebox

No real damage here. Just a bent front hitch, small rocker dent,(soon to be taken care of,:)) and some scratches. Can't believe the front driveshaft never went.

Kim.

Just got home, I ended up limping home after finding new things vibrating..

Fri morning, I cut my fenders more and removed another 3 inches off the ARB bull bar before even hitting the trail
Sat: sheared a front D44 axle shaft, got wiplash, and the rock rails took a hell of a beating, and only took paint off,

Took a few pounds of metal off the bumpers, and diffs on the rocks,
BLEW UP A MOTOR MOUNT AND TRANNY MOUNT, just found that out after pulling it in the shop.. Bent the mount for the CB antanna, so no it bangs on the center of the windshield while driving down the road, and some reshaped sheet metal
Also, found out I blew up a 1 ton chevy tierod end on the D44

2 liecence plates STOLEN off my Jeep.. LOL

I post picks of the carnage tomorrow

Busted a front diff center pin and put a dent in one of my quarter panels, but I can't remember which one.

Back