• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A peak at what a certain traitor has been up to

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
42.jpg

44.jpg

Meh, looks like yer building a Bobcat with those skid-steer tires. Put a bucket on it and get to work........ :rolleyes:

I wanna know what's up with all the bumpers along the wall.......

Last edited:
Are you going to polish it up for the meet-n-greet?????

It already has XJ reversed XJ springs in the rear and once I get some it'll have a set up front too. Right now the wheelbase is sitting at about 102" and with the front it'll be at 108" or so.

The tires are 14.5 R 20 Michelins I got from DRMO off of an A3 2.5T truck.

It probably wont be ready until really late in the season as I'm taking my time with this one.

The bumpers on the wall are for pre-Superduty F series truck, basically mid 80's through 90's.

And what axles are you running? I thought I remember reading LP44 up front at some point. Those are pretty big for a 44......

looks good, Dutch, ya know if that is your bag.... :jester:I'll still wheel with ya.

That assumes that my XJ is actually running again at some point... that's my bag. :confused1

That looks interesting Dutch! I must say though, those tires are not going to flex worth a flip for ya! Your choice of ride is ok with me mostly cuz you stuck with American iron :us: Truthfully it really matters not what you wheel, foreign or not!! But it sure has some importance for the NAXJA BOD to atleast own an XJ or MJ! I will be looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

He still owns an MJ, Raptor -- not sure if it runs, but he owns it. :guitar:

He still owns an MJ, Raptor -- not sure if it runs, but he owns it. :guitar:

Hmmm.... must be out in the cold getting neglected and rusting away....:D

What are those things in the tub with wires hangin out?

You're surfin' on your dadgum phone again ain't ya............

On a real monitor, it's clear to see that those are military ammo cans, with bungie cords hanging from them. :thumbup:

I do still have an MJ, and it does run (just not well). And yes, it is outside my garage neglected and rusting like a good little uni-body rig. It has 4.88's and a 4.5" lift so booyah.

Yeah, the tires will be stiff. I'm not planning on running much (if any) air in them. They were free, so I'm running them.

30spline D60 full float rear and a HP D44 front w/ chromoly shafts and CTM u-joints.

Finished the disc brake conversion on the Dana 60 rear. I ran into a bit of a snag that cost me a bit of driving and time and Checkers. According to the instruction that came with my TSM kit I could run GM 1/2ton 4wd calipers from a 70's - 87 truck. Since I was born in 83 I figured that be easiest to remember for future parts needs and picked up Calipers for an 1983 K10. Well apparently in 1981 the calipers were redesigned a bit and had a little bit of extra material on their casting, This material kept the calipers from sitting properly in the brackets. I went back to Checkers and tried to exchange them for some from a 1980 K10 and they bolted right in.
All assembled:
49.jpg

Here is a pic showing the difference in the calipers, the circled item is the additional casting that interfered with the brackets:
Untitled.png

The part number for the calipers I used are:
From Checkers/O'Reilley
Left: 184125 (14.00$ w/ 25.00$ core, pads not included)
Right: 184124 (14.00$ w/ 25.00$ core, pads not included)
Pads: LMD52 (these are the cheap arse ones, 12.00$)

Well I've made a bit more progress since getting back into town.

First I got my twin-stick kit from Duffy (DDMachine)

89.jpg

He also sent me this nifty tool for holding onto the yoke when you're tightening down the pinion nut, it works awesome.

85.jpg

Then I mounted my tires using prybars in the garage. It only took me about an hour to mount all 4. 39.5" x 13.5" IROKs on 20x9 aluminum rims :D

90.jpg

I scored a new front axle, its a GM kingpin D60 w/ 4.56's and limited slip

87.jpg

Doubled up the main leaf on my rear packs by putting the larger wrap around the smaller bushing and redrilling the centerpin for a quasi-military wrap

95.jpg

Then I mounted my new Detroit locked 4.56 geared FF 14bolt

88.jpg

I'm at about 78 1/2" wide from outside of tire to outside of tire now

94.jpg

93.jpg

92.jpg

Finally I mocked up where I'll be hard mounting a carseat for my son. I'll be raising it up a bit and removing the ammo cans so he can see a bit better

86.jpg

Hopefully it'll be ready for COFest

Back