• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Florida meet up and ride

Bigred01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Been nosing around here for the past year or so and would like to have a chance to meet and ride with some of you. Anyone interested in setting up a weekend ride at Hardrock or somewhere of the sort. If there is any interest, it would be great to hear from you and see if we can plan something.

I'm interested. Moved here last summer and would be interested in getting together with some others as well for a ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If I was in Florida still I would. I'll be moving back next year sometime I think though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know there are a bunch of Florida members, or forum users, so hopefully we can set something up. I know I am doing a Hardrock trip in August with a local jeep group, but would be great to get another trip in before that. Maybe towards the middle to end of June??

Been nosing around here for the past year or so and would like to have a chance to meet and ride with some of you. Anyone interested in setting up a weekend ride at Hardrock or somewhere of the sort. If there is any interest, it would be great to hear from you and see if we can plan something.

Hardrock? Is that outside Gainesville? I have been there a few times. I could/would drive down from Jacksonville. My XJ do not have a working front wheel drive so I would only do easy trails.

Keep posting up some times. I do not work weekends so a 90 minute drive will be rather pleasurable (all state and county road from Jacksonville).

That would be it...Or another place that is usually a good time is The Jeep Ranch, think that’s in Wildwood? I’ll definitley post some dates when I figure out a good weekend to head up.

The Jeep Ranch is only open certain weekends...they have a calendar on their Facebook page and it changes frequently. But it is a nice place to go ride and relax...a few harder "obstacles" and some good mud. You pay for it but it's a big open cow pasture and you can usually camp all weekend and they have some vendors and food trucks etc.

Hard Rock is at the north end of Ocala. I was out there when the first trails were ever cut but have not been back since they charge for it...to me it's a lot to pay per day for 3-4 hours worth of riding. (may be more now but again I haven't been out there in a while).

Been a while since I followed up with this one as work always gets in the way of my Jeep time. So where do you like to wheel at and do you ever get a group together to go out for a weekend somewhere? I’d looked to find some other XJ’s to wheel with and meet up every now and then. Anybody in the central Florida area have any plans?

I am in North East FL. I have been to Central FL. 3 times last week but not in the XJ. I try to keep it off the highway and not more than 50 MPH. After rebuilding the front end it suddenly developed a bad case of death wobble. That is after several 80 MPH runs and more 3,000 miles. It is 100% drivable but not at highway speeds.

There are a few wheeling spots up here in the National forest which are purely mud, sand and water. The closest point that I know of with somewhat decent wheeling is Ocala. What/where do you have in mind?

I’m up for doing a ride just about anywhere...I am more into rocks, hills and technical terrain. Never was much for just mud. Just thought it would be great to meet some other members and do a little wheeling with some other XJ’s. I am also street legal but don’t really run on road much, I trailer when I go out to wheel.

You guys want to get in some rocks Uwharrie is in Troy, NC and a fun place to wheel. Nothing too hard unless it rains. There is Gulches in Laurens, SC that is nice. Lost of hard stuff but small. Primitive camping only. That is about all I know of off the top of my head.

Back