• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air bags!!!

NAXJA Forum User
is there a kit that you can install to disengage them? im still in high school, and my parents wont let me get an xj unless it has airbags. i want to offroad, but i dont want an airbag exploding in my face. any suggestions anyone?

jeeps dont have bumper sensors they are like motion sensors there was a demo on it using a grand cherokee jeep just kept bashing this thing it to a rock no airbag went off

I think the fuses are in the fuse box under the hood...

but it doesn't matter - if they go off, you will probably want them to go off. They redesigned them after a year or two (I think 94-95 are the old ones?) and at least the new ones are controlled by an accelerometer-type thing. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with it off-road. It will only go off above a certain speed anyway - and I don't think that speed is so low that it would go off while driving off-road.

Back