• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Cherokee XJ, 4.5' lift, 35's, locked, and more.

AKXJ11

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport – 159,725 miles. Asking $8000. No trades please.

Original motor and transmission, and axles. No major engine work has been needed. Bought in 2006, with 38,000 miles on it. Was bone stock until September 2018 when I started to modify. Have taken it on two trips to Slick Rock (Ca, not Moab), and some day trips to Prairie City OHV, but it has been a fun project more than a dedicated rock crawler. It’s just time to sell to someone who will continue the build, and actually use it for how it’s built. Listed below is everything I can think of that needs fixing, and a list of all the bits and pieces I have put on so far.

Needs: E-Brake handle button replaced, hooked back up. Main seal replaced, not a bad leak but it’s a leak. Power locks - sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t, it’s a mystery. Passenger side power window switch sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t, another mystery. Driver side does work to control passenger window.

In March - replaced engine oil/filter, radiator fluid and main hose, power steering flush, transmission cooling lines replaced and full flush, and replaced a couple cracked vacuum lines.

Installed parts:
Rough Country 4.5” Long Arm lift w/ 3” bumpstops, and HD OffRoad No-lift rear shackle re-location brackets.
RuffStuff 1-ton steering w/ upgraded tie rod ends.
IronMan Fabrications Steering box brace, and steering box spacer.
Aussie-Locker front and rear.
TenFactory by Motiv Gear Chromoly front axle shafts, and G2 ball joints – installed same time as lockers.
Adams Heavy Duty rear driveshaft, with slip-yoke eliminator.
RuffStuff 3/8 differential covers front and rear.
Speedometer gear re-calibrated for 35” tires.
JCR Off Road “Classic” rock sliders.
Spin Tech 9000 Super Pro Street muffler, turn down tip.
Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts, replaced worn out original mounts.
Rough Country Cold Air Intake.
Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 35x12.5 tires, full size spare.
Standard steel gloss black 15x8 wheels.
Garvin Wilderness full-roof rack, 4 light mounts, axe/shovel/Hi-Lift jack included!
Front fenders removed and cut for full turning radius when tire stuffed, rear fenders cut and folded.

Included, but not installed / finished: 7” NiLight 5100 Lumen flood lights, DirtBound Off Road “The Stump” winch bumper DIY kit, any and all original / spare parts I have left.

Back