• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to get done before cofest?!?!

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
So I just realized the time crunch I am on. Just trying to get the time to get everything done is really killin me. Won't be able to swap to coilovers in the front before the trip, so that is off the list for now. But I need all 4 shocks, steering, and to get a rear driveshaft built for the jeep to be usable. Aye.

What does everyone else have to do?

As of right now my list is pretty short:

My rig
Buy and install wheel spacers
Oil change and lube
Pull rear locker and replace pins & springs......maybe- its working fine but getting a little noisy
Replace old, used up, synthetic winch rope with new syn. rope... maybe.

Wife's rig
Adjust rear track bar
Oil change and lube
Acquire a full sized spare

Depends on which rig we end up taking, based on how much time I have.

The Mild Rig:

- Finish floorboard repair
- Install front shocks
- New tires
- Re-install the interior
- Fluids change all through
- Install fender, front clip, etc.
- Try to install rock rails I won last year in the raffle from JD :laugh:

If not enough time, we'll take the stocker:

- New CPS
- A good clean up and tune up
- Change flex plate out
- Maybe new tires
- Probably some other small Misc. stuff.

Buggy is sitting out this trip, no reason to take it. Problem is I've got a photo shoot with the buggy in like...1 month-ish...so that's going to take most of my time between now and then...

I have to get all the other family projects done before I can think about working on my crap. The first thing is to get my rig put back together and check out the Detroit making noise, then the final touches on the trailer that I have been trying to finish for a year.

This working crap is seriously cutting into my Jeep time.

Yeah. Just found some leaking/bad calipers on the rear axle. So need to add that to the list now too. Keep this up and I'll be wheeling the taco.

Work has been non-stop busy, jeep is still sitting on the trailer covered in mud from Winterfest.

Needs diff fluids changed, front axle seal, and a thorough once-over to see what else is needed.

We'll be driving it for a week in Sedona before Ouray, and going to Moab for a few days after, so I'll need to make sure the AC is working well also.

Ugh. So busy and so little time.
Steering is hooked up. Just running a basic setup until I can get the histeer stuff sorted out. No time before this trip. Rear shaft will be built this week. And then I can stretch out the rig and measure for shocks one last time.

Let's see.

Engine install. That started a month before last COfest with an opinion that it might be done in time for that one. :)

After that, nothing that I have to do, but I'd like to finish the long arm install, the shackle relocation, and all the misc. armor and electronics projects that are waiting on my jeep being back in my driveway. Having the new engine, I would really like to revisit the exhaust from the header back(it's 2.5", custom and free flow, but not that satisfactory loud). The Heep is no longer quiet, might as well make the exhaust more obnoxious, especially since I'm deaf anyway. And then there are the seats. I used to be able to drive the Heep for hours without pain, but no longer. The problem is that I have no evidence that Recaro seats will help, which I've wanted for 40 some years, and that's my "FTS how much longer do I have to drive this POS" answer for back pain.

Anyway, I'll settle for the engine install being done long enough before so that it's broken in properly.

My latest to do before ColoradoFest includes a complete overhaul of my right knee.

Yeah, I have to add repair of my right Achilles tendon. Just a shot, but I'm on crutches from 6/23 to 7/14. Kinda puts a dent into fiddling with the jeep.

Fred, good luck. Don't push an Achilles, they take a ton of time to heal.

I am only facing a scoping of the knee and the roto rooter treatment.

Got the track bar mount moved. And the new trackbar made. However I'll have to really check its clearance on oil pan before I do anything hard. Seems close.
Upside is the track bar is parallel and within an inch of the drag link. So that's nice.
Winch showed up today. May or may not have that installed in time for leaving tomorrow. See how quick 4wp is. Otherwise that's it. Just gotta pack my bag, swap tires on the ladies pickup. And head down to the springs to get the trailer! Woo hoo

Been doing some small stuff here and there.

Got a new Cat Converter, Muffler, and O2 sensors installed. Sounds SO much better and now there's not the clanking of the Cat Converter.

Got a set of spot LED pods mounted to the front bumper. Holy hell soooooo much better. Her headlights really suck, but don't think I'll have time to deal with those (throwing in some newer Sylvanias).

Other than that I think we're pretty good to go!

Been trying to think of anything else small to take care of, but I've been doing a lot to this rig.

We're thinking about bumping up the leave time, and leaving really early Wednesday morning, to be there early afternoon.

We're going to game plan it tonight. We'd like to be in earlier to get setup, figure out where camp is, etc.

We had contemplated just leaving later tonight, but that would put us in to camp in the wee hours of the morning...which wouldn't be much better.

Perfect. Y'all doin tent or with us? If ya haven't decided just let me know whenever. What way you taking? 70 over then down?

Copy that.
Got the winch on.
Girls truck done.
Bout to load up and head to springs to grab the truck and camper. Woo!

Back