• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy party

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
I know a bunch of us from MA and up here are planning on heading down Wednesday. Where and when does everybody wanna meet up? That reststop/parking area at the start of 81 just off the Pike that we used last year seemed to work good. What time did we roll out at, I can't remember.

Didn't we make it 10am last year and rolled out at like 11am because people were late?

10am is my vote.

10am would suck for me, dundy, ross, anthony, and mark.

It means we have to do 495N or 95N which both absolutely blow in the morning.

Who am I kidding though, I probably won't be able to sleep and want to leave at 6 am :laugh:

Quick.495N to the pike at that time of the morning, figuring leaving around 830 from my house, is not that bad at all. I have to do it often with my crane around those times and never really hit traffic. I know you like to go 95N to the pike and that way usually sucks with some traffic. Plus, getting on at 495 will make the toll a little bit cheaper since we'd be on the pike less.

It seems like more people are towing this year so hopefully the trip should go smoother and we'll probably get down there

Are you guys taking 84 or 90 west? I can do either, probably meet up at the 84/90 junction either way. What time will you guys be there?

shit, it took me like 7-8 running by myself starting at 3am AND taking naps last time.

10am would suck for me, dundy, ross, anthony, and mark.

It means we have to do 495N or 95N which both absolutely blow in the morning.

Who am I kidding though, I probably won't be able to sleep and want to leave at 6 am :laugh:

A roommate goes from Roslindale to 95N to 90W and gets of on 84 every day, doesn't hit traffic during rush hour. I drove that exact route a couple weeks ago during rush hour, all the traffic was on the other side of 90, and 95 really isn't that terrible if your early enough.

I'm fine with leaving at 7am, maybe even earlier. I left my house last year at about 7:00 and around 8:00am (Time depended on which day I attempted the journey :D), so got up there around 9 or so, didn't hit any traffic the way down. It was nice

Does that factor in the time that lobster had to swing by and pick you up
no that was the previous time (NACFest '11) - I'm talking about rocktoberfest '11 when I got home from NYC at like 8pm Friday, built a bumper, haphazardly threw spare parts, trash, junk, camping gear, and beer in the bed of the MJ, and got on the highway at 3am with the welds still sizzling in the rain. Made it to RC around... 10? 11? after throwing everything I cared about out the back of the MJ at the campground and swapping out an axleshaft that spit the ujoint caps out on the way down.

Maybe I am confused, I thought 81 was in pennsylvania and almost all the way to RC. You guys have to be talking about a different 81.

well evidently the thread is for a MA only party...so :moon:

No, I really was confused. I figured there must be an exit 81 or route 81 somewhere by your area but couldn't find it.

Back