• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introducing our Ultimate XJ Steering Brace!

Does anybody know if the steering brace will work with a Rough Country drop pitman arm? I saw on the BWE site that there may be clearance issues with some arms.

Also, I was looking at a track bar brace. Would it be a good idea to run both or would the steering brace be enough? The last couple of times I've wheeled my '98 it has had some popping coming from the front end.

Just for reference I'm running 35's with the WJ knuckle swap. It was night and day when I first did the WJ swap but now the steering is a little wonky, I'm hoping that this brace will cure some of that. Thanks.

Does anybody know if the steering brace will work with a Rough Country drop pitman arm? I saw on the BWE site that there may be clearance issues with some arms.

Also, I was looking at a track bar brace. Would it be a good idea to run both or would the steering brace be enough? The last couple of times I've wheeled my '98 it has had some popping coming from the front end.

Just for reference I'm running 35's with the WJ knuckle swap. It was night and day when I first did the WJ swap but now the steering is a little wonky, I'm hoping that this brace will cure some of that. Thanks.

It should help, but have you replaced your steering box spacer yet?

It should help, but have you replaced your steering box spacer yet?

I have one on the way. I went ahead and ordered a spacer, a track bar brace and the BWE steering brace. It looks like the steering brace should tie in the unibody pretty well, but I figured the track bar brace would help stabilize the track bar mount itself.

It will work. I simply recommend that you check the clearance at full lock to ensure it doesn't make contact. If it does, you'll simply need to adjust your steering stops.

I would highly recommend a track bar brace as well (something every XJ should have IMO).

Thanks!

This thing is a work of art!

Thank you all for the orders as well as the fantastic feedback!

A good friend of mine who helps me get these welded up has been in the hospital recently due to a freak asthma attack, so we've been running a little behind. I have more braces at powder coat now, and should be back in stock next week!

:heart::heart::heart:

Back