• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer CAse Linkage

RED RHINO

NAXJA Forum User
O.K. so I swapped out my weak Peugeot tranny for an AX-15 I have an 1988 2 door 4.0 with a 4 1\2" lift neither linkage for the transfer case will work.I've done some searching and all I can come up with is buying one from novak-adapt.com.The design is great but I'm wondering if any body has had any luck making there own, the price on the novak is about $145.00. I know I can modifie my linkage and remount the braket for the pivot shaft(body side) but I really like the idea of doing away with the 'z' style linkage. If anyone has made there own linkage pictures would be great I have a few ideas but I would like to make sure I'm on the right track.

I didn't eliminate the Z, but I just redrilled the body side mount so the linkage would mout the same way as stock. I will try to get pics up tommorow.

I haven't tested it yet, but I cut and sleeved one of the linkage rods so I can adjust the length ( about 5/8" - 3/4" total adjustability). I am not sure if that fixed my problem or not, as I don't have 4wd due to lack of a front d shaft and I haven't installed the new shift linkage.

If you hvae to make this modifiaction do not use a torch to cut the rod. I lost almost 1/2" to slag ( I suck at torch cutting). Definatly use a blade or cutoff wheel.

yea the prob is the linkage and the body mounting point are different depending on tranny if you replace both you should be fine or redrill like others have done. the body mount is screwed to the tranny hump via sheet metal screws from the inside under the carpet.

Back