• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good axle? Good price?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Was wandering around a salvage yard and came accross what used to be a 95 F350 4x4. The front alxe is a solid leaf sprung D60 with drivers side pumpkin. It also looks to be a high pinion as well. The pickup was on fire when it wrecked and the brake hardware is toast on the drivers side for shure. Both lockouts are gone out of it as well.

So I would need new calipers, lockouts, wheel bearings on a least one side most likely (fire melted the rim and backing plate).

I asked the yard owner and he said he would take $250 for it. Sound like a good deal or not. How pricey are lockouts and such going to be?

Buy it, and if you don't want it, sell it to me for $350. :)

Buy it - even if all the guts are toast the housing is still worth $700 - $900 to some one looking for a D60

Kingpin would be better but ball jointed is ok too - just plan on replacing the wheel bearings and brake stuff at a min (you can easily dump another grand into it- but at least you have the foundation)

Matt

Back