• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Never, ever, switch a used engine from old school Dyn-oil to synthetic. :soapbox:
But I guess you know that now?:rolleyes:

I'd be curious if any one ever finds good, low cost window seals for the roll up windows or the wing windows.

My old spare 4.0 I had in the shop for 13 years, and never used, is now down south (Corpus?) in a 2 door white Renix beast, after being stroked and bored to 4.7 L, and it has the dash and steering column and other stuff we salvaged off the rolled jeep that was my daughter's first Renix jeep. Still have stuff on it for sale. Saw the video of the stroker running today on the Facebook Renix Jeep page, it sounds like a beast. He plans to lift it and put 1 ton axles on it next.

Blenny, is that you're red MJ???

Changed the oil. Again. Turns out my 200,000 mile engine doesnt like synthetic. Went wheeling this weekend and people behind me reported slight oil smoke. Whoops. So back to conventional until it blows up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Never, ever, switch a used engine from old school Dyn-oil to synthetic. :soapbox:
But I guess you know that now?:rolleyes:

I'd be curious if any one ever finds good, low cost window seals for the roll up windows or the wing windows.

My old spare 4.0 I had in the shop for 13 years, and never used, is now down south (Corpus?) in a 2 door white Renix beast, after being stroked and bored to 4.7 L, and it has the dash and steering column and other stuff we salvaged off the rolled jeep that was my daughter's first Renix jeep. Still have stuff on it for sale. Saw the video of the stroker running today on the Facebook Renix Jeep page, it sounds like a beast. He plans to lift it and put 1 ton axles on it next.

Blenny, is that you're red MJ???

This aint my first rodeo. Ive had positive results in the past doing the same on vehicles with similar mileage, and just gave it a shot here to see what happened. Didn't use expensive syn oil so i wasnt out much money. This engine already had some
blowby so i figured this was a dice roll to start with.

You can get all the window seals from Team Cherokee. Price isnt bad. I havent found seals for the vent wing windows just the fixed ones.

Replaced the axle shaft seals on the Dana 30. I was starting to leave a small spot of gear oil on the work parking lot every shift. Also knocked out the tire rotation at the same time. Then hung some Jeep propaganda up in the garage. Got a laundry list of stuff on the VSTROM that needs to be knocked out hopefully this week and I really need to get back in business on that GS850G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AJvQh01UQg

98d91aab6f659542daff53c9ae8e8e84.jpg

043f29c687181bb9dadb9f4be3c2a7dc.jpg

96fe4633d684d48c495c3c43de9cc6af.jpg

Moved my Jeep out of the garage and discovered the ABS pump is leaking like crazy now. Guess it really is time to yank the ABS crap out and slap in a newer brake booster.

Replaced all the steering linkage plus a Monroe steering damper that had less than 15k miles on it but was leaking all over and had a dead spot, used a Drag link from a 30,000 mile TJ but the guy who gave me the linkage bashed the still good TREs out with a hammer so the threads were all mushroomed and deformed on the tie rod.

So since I needed the rod ends same day and NAPA was closed I bit the bullet and went to Autozone which had one Duralast Gold TRE but not the other side so I went to Orileys and got their only avaliable one for the other side which was their house brand. We'll see how long they last. The steering damper I had picked up already before starting the job and just grabbed it from Napa.

Got the bracket I needed made to put a steering stabilizer back on my Jeep. Nice having one again after not running one for 3 years. Now I just need to get the sway bar mounts back on.

I replaced my dead 90A alternator with a ZJ 136A. Upgraded my cables to 2AWG. I bought a TNT long arm kit and a RE 5.5" lift springs. It will be a while before the lift goes on but its slowly being done

I replaced my dead 90A alternator with a ZJ 136A. Upgraded my cables to 2AWG. I bought a TNT long arm kit and a RE 5.5" lift springs. It will be a while before the lift goes on but its slowly being done

Did you get it from the JY or get a remaned one from one of the big box stores?

Not XJ related but my lease on my daily is up soon. Test drive a Gladiator and a JL Wrangler yesterday. May be an all Jeep household soon

Not XJ related but my lease on my daily is up soon. Test drive a Gladiator and a JL Wrangler yesterday. May be an all Jeep household soon

Super nice looking, 87 Wagoneer, D-44 rear Ltd Ed, 4x4 with all the bells and whistles for distressed sale up north, NY area I think?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/773...8470487&notif_t=group_comment_reply&ref=notif

Last registered in 1992, used as a snow blow till last year. Jeep guy that bought wants to give up over the title issue. Ready to sell it or parts.

Its a Wagoneer group on Facebook.

Pass the word, that rig needs to be saved, It is almost exactly like mine, except the wood trim out side.

Salvage title is not that hard in Texas IIRC, or use a mechanics lean or??? Or collectors title?

Went outside to change the oil and realized I still don’t own an Xj anymore.

:-( :bawl:

:-( :(

Oh wait, that means more XJ's for me? :) :eyes:

LOL

I have a solution to your all's problem. Shop on Craigs list and Facebook.

Plenty out there looking to be adopted by a new family.

We still have 6 XJ's and one Liberty in the family.

One will never be driveable again (rolled on the freeway), but its still hear at home, ready to donate parts to the others.

Went outside to change the oil and realized I still don’t own an Xj anymore.

Me neither Will... and don't actually miss it. Had XJs for many years and loved them... but guess I'm done.

New engine refresh. Painted and installed oil pan, installed new rear main seal, replaced oil pump, replaced water pump, replaced thermostat.
993017874d22720e308c2ad7df9f9e38.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dropped in a replacement 97+ fan to replace my original efan from my 95 that had a busted frame. Replaced my pin style wiper arms with some 97+ wiper arms plus new wipers, then did a very slight adjustment on my driver's door striker pin to get the rear of the door to seal properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yhTr3JEWA

Last edited:
Finally got my 120amp alternator installed. Clearanced the brackets and the timing cover for the larger alternator to fit.

As I was putting it back together for the last time, the upper bolt on the aluminum bracket, went loose...oof I think the threads gave out on the block.

I just left it there. Need to keep an eye on it to make sure the bolt doesn't back out.

For now, there are plenty of bolts holding the alternator in.

Replaced my swaybar link nuts with wingnuts for cheap discos.

Back