• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Frame

Killer95_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey. Im new here in the Jeep world, I just purchased my first XJ. I got stuck today with no where to tie my winch up too. So I had my buddy with another XJ pull me out. Only problem was he used a chain and yanked me out. When this happened my rear hitch pulled off, pushed my bumper up causing the hatch not to close also causing the gas tank to pinch at the pinch weld causing it to leak. When i looked under there the bumper is pushed out and when the hitch ripped off it pulled half of the frame apart by the leaf spring, I can also see right through now from my trunk to the ground. I was thinking to cutt all the bad out and weld something up from the leaf spring to the frame. Any ideas? thanks

-Gennaro

Wow.. you friend must of had a good running start before he yanked you out of that hole ! Yep, cut it apart and start plating the frame rails with some real metal like 3/16" or 1/4".. so you can mount a hitch that wont pull apart.

Look at some of the build threads in the "advanced fab" section - you could learn a lot from RCMan's build...

Jesus - how far did he run-start it / how fast was he going? How did his rig hold up?
Sounds like a mess...

Back