• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear frame

stace

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am woundering what have some of you done for the rear shackle box area mine is a little soft.Im going to sleeve the rear frame with 4x3x4 1/8 steel and I might do the same for the shackle box.any insight would be great.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but here's what I did. I was forced to do something because the nuts inside the frame broke loose.

I left the sleeves long in case I wanted to tie into them later for some reason.

Now I put a bolt through from the backside and a nut on the outside.

I also welded the back of the box to the rear panel

not really what I meant but not bad I want to remowe the shakle box and redo one but first have to sleeve the frame to weld.thanx for info

I just plated around the outside of mine to make it stronger. Some guys have plated across the bottom and moved the shackle mount down, mounting tabs to the bottom plate they added. If you're going to do much, it needs to be reinforced since it will eventually become a problem.

Back