• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog - Uwharrie Edition - November 5

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
This is your outlet to discuss and plan accordingly.

Re: Fall Flog - Uwharrie Edition

Who's in?

I'll be in the area but I doubt I'll be able to fit in any wheeling with the plans that we have on that weekend.

I might but then again, I might just run Potts that day. 40min drive vs a 3 hour drive.......

Not sure what the other VA peeps are doing. My wheelin buddy Mike is moving that weekend so he is out.

Michele and Matt?

I'll be in. Making slow progress on repairing the Jeep, but progress none the less.

If something changes then I'll show up but it's looking like I've had plans booked for this weekend for a while. What's worse is I'll be in Charlotte for those plans. lol

For those of us who haven't been there in forever.......who do we need to contact about reserving a camp site?

This is Arrowhead campground. I've always stayed there. It's decent. A lot of the sites are small and unlevel but some are nice. The two sites right in front of the bathhouse are the nicest, IIRC.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73839

There's another campground but I can't remember the name of it or who you need to talk to. It's more like a big parking lot than a campground though so I never stay there. I know Glenn has stayed there before.

Is arrowhead the closest one to the trails? Is everyone staying there?

Who all is going and who all is camping. Tim we discussed doing an event and getting the group camp at the work weekend. The group camp has changed a lot sense we were there in 07. They have a bath house and flush toilets. We can get it for $90 for the weekend IIRC and it will hold 20 people. Why not rent the group camp and pay for peoples camping? Anyone else that is going have an opinion? Tim I have a couple tents if you want to camp.

Unfortunately I just checked and it's booked.

If running water isn't a necessity, I'm sure Scott will let us camp at UROTC. The Outpost is right across the street.

If running water isn't a necessity, I'm sure Scott will let us camp at UROTC. The Outpost is right across the street.

True but I'm kind of partial to flush toilets and hot showers. :laugh3:

Me too. Say what you will, but I really prefer daily baths and a place where my turds disappear with the push of a handle. If I have to rent a one person spot that's okay with me.

If I can make it down there, I won't be camping, I can be home in 2-3 hours.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, its too far out from here. Most likely it will be a last minute decision.

Back