• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for free or CHEAP!!

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for an XJ body. I don't care if its been wrecked in the FRONT or if is running... But the rest of the body needs to be clean and straight. I don't need the motor, tranny or anything like that. Oh I DO need the rear axle and leaf springs. Everything else is not worth anything to me.

:idea:I have an idea..:idea:​

I have one that the doors are shot but the acual body is in decent shape.
the front frame is also crap.
I have the rear axle but the shock mounts have been removed.

I have one that the doors are shot but the acual body is in decent shape.
the front frame is also crap.
I have the rear axle but the shock mounts have been removed.

Does the rear hatch close tightly? and so does the doors? I am not too worried at this time about what the doors look like, as long as they close AND seal.

Heh. Sounds like he's going to cut off the front clip and make a trailer out of the thing. Pretty cool idea, y'ask me...

I've wanted an MJ bed and subframe so I could do something similar - I would probably find a box trailer more useful than an enclosed job, and the weight savings would be substantial.

THANKS 5-90... you ruined my surpize!!! LOL. But yes he is right. I want to make a camper out of it.

And swamp... yours is too messed up for what I need it for. Plus $900 is more than I want to spend.

Sowwy...:smootch:

If it's any consolation, I was still thinking "utility trailer" instead of "camper." I do like that idea tho - being able to remove the front seats and deck it in all the way up would give me enough room to stretch out when I sleep (I've done the "sleep in the back with the seat folded down" thing before - and it was still about a foot too short.)

Put the space under the decking to good use for storage.

Hm - I'm liking this idea more and more. It's just started rattling around in my (mostly empty...) skull - if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, you know where to find me!

my friend is selling 2 xj 4-doors. one is complete, but not running for $400 and the other is also a 4-dr rolling chassis for $200 both are in decent shape! check out the ad at rgv4x4.com. he is in deep south texas---edinburg to be exact!---BRIAN

I was thinking about stripping the whole thing down, inside and out. Then building out the inside to fit a bed and other stuff.

I was thinking about stripping the whole thing down, inside and out. Then building out the inside to fit a bed and other stuff.

Cool! I'd definitely like to see your notebook when you're done. Considering that I don't like to fly anymore (actually, I love flying! I just loathe airports and airport insecurity...) and taking the train to go see family can be a bit tedious, this could be a useful idea for me as well.

dude, I've got an '88 I may let ya have for an engine hoist, and helpin me strip it out. I might even toss in two 33s, and leave it sittin about 6" up. Stripped interior, electric windows still work, everything's still on it. Was gonna bust it off and run it at Gilmer. However, I think I'll use it's engine to put a stroker in my '97. Hollar.

I have already found what I am looking for... I think. I just need to find time to drive out there and look at it.

BUMP!

Ok I am back looking for another one... Let me know people!

Back