• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ for sale

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
I have a buddy who has a 91, XJ 4.0, 5 speed, straight body, faded paint, but it has a 4.5" lift, and 33 inch baja claws on black steelies on it already. A/C works, has a new transfer case, new headliner, and the interior is super clean. He said he would take $2700.00 for it. The only thing I know for sure that it needs is the valve seals replaced (local machine shop said they could do it without removing the head for $200.00), and one of the shock mounts on the rear needs to be reworked (just a little time, probably won't cost anything to fix) His wife is having a baby, so he has to get rid of it to free up some cash.

The valve seal job it needs doesn't keep it from being driveable or wheelable, it just smokes a little on start up and when idling. Had my machinist check it out for him, and the compression is good on all cylinders, and he said it just needs some valve seals.

I know this jeep inside, and out, and if my wife would let me have more than one jeep I would snatch it up.

Here are some pics.... Oh yeah he also has a 9K winch that he said he would throw in for an extra $100 with the jeep (more if sold separately). He just never got around to getting a winch bumper to mount it on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I would love to take if off his hands... but I don't think Kristie will let me.

It really is a nice rig.... I feel your pain though. LOL I have seen A LOT of smokin hot deals that I wish I could take advantage of.

Hell if the wife would let me buy this rig fpr $1300 I could actually swap my axles, and goodies onto it. Put the 3 inch lift and 32's off of this one onto mine, and sell it. I would probably actually make money on the deal. However, she is skeptical. LOL

IMG_2345.jpg

Yeah I mean I even promised her I would get all the swapping of parts done within a month, and that I promised I would sell my Xj when I got done. She didn't budge. I swear she is like Hitler.

LOL I know the feeling, I was ORDERED to sell my bike before I even thought about bringing a new truck home. I sold the bike on a Saturday, bought my truck the following Monday. LOL

Sounds like you should sell several vehicles, and just put the money into making one vehicle nicer, and more dependable. LOL

Doesn't sound like too many rides to me. The bike and kids car shouldn't count. At least that is my doctrine.

Anybody wanna buy my WJ? lol. My girlfriend said I have to get rid of a Jeep before I get another one as well. lol.

lol. I don't mind. In through one ear and out the other. I'll probably marry her after college anyway. :kissyou: But I would really like an '01. :loveu:

Last edited:
Talk about a bunch of whiped @#$@s!!!1,
Damn I'm glad I'm single. party1:

MM, try buying a used car lot with a garage and a house attached (call it a business and sell and trade jeeps). Then even the city will leave you alone (sort of anyway).

For those who aren't already screwed, Ah, I mean married, LOL, trade the girl friend, keep the jeeps.;) At least the jeep won't try to clean you out when you divorce, opps, I mean sell it.

Just don't forget the jeep is just like a wife, or girl friend, both mean "Just Empty Every Pocket" LOL.

Back