• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures.

I think this pic sums up the attitude and feeling of the whole trip. :D

IMGP4992.jpg

The trip wasn't without injury.

TJ found out riding beat up old tricycles with someone pushing you at full speed, not wearing shoes is a horrible idea.
IMGP4996.jpg

We had sunshine, rain, hail, lightning, stupid hot weather and cold enough to wear your coat but I wouldn't have changed a thing. Best part was the dust was almost non-existent.

IMGP5031.jpg

One of the funnist things I think we did on the trip was to find the Uintah Reflector geocache.

This was one of the most unique caches I have ever found. You can only find it at night. You get a set of GPS coords to a spot on a dirt road in the middle of the forest. Once you get to this spot you have to take a bright flashlight or searchlight of some kind and start looking through the trees for a reflector. Once you find it, then you walk to that reflector and start hunting for then next reflector. There were ten of these total and 16 hardened jeepers were wandering around in the forest for an hour looking for reflectors hidden in trees. It was quite hillarious and at the same time a lot of fun.

At the end of the tenth reflector you had to find an ammo can hidden in the bushes close to that tree.
IMGP5043.jpg

IMGP5044.jpg

My Dad and I had a great time. Thanks to all that took so much time out of their busy lifes to do something great for the rest of the chapter. Also thanks to the companys for the prizes that were donated and thanks to GOODCOP for allowing me to lead him all over the mountain and direct him to the caches so he could win all the great prizes.:rattle:

I got some after the offical run pictures from Sunday.
We went out to an old ghost town.

Future jeepers in the windows of the old homes
CabinWithKidsInWindow.jpg

KidsInWindow.jpg

A group inside
InsideOldCabin.jpg

Have to include a jeep pic
JeepThroughWindow.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pics from Sunday

An attempt at being artistic
ThroughCabinWindow.jpg

Action photo - he is always in motion
SeanJumbingOutWindow.jpg

From the trip home
Provo River Falls
ProvoRiverFalls.jpg

A man and his dog!
RyanToby.jpg

i didn't (for some strange reason) get very many pics this time. here's a few i did get.
the first day, finding the first cache
geostach07006.jpg

Eric looking very unhappy to be riding in the "barbie jeep"
geostach07007.jpg

couple of shots of double hill
geostach07009.jpg

geostach07010.jpg

heres the third day
ran into this guy on the way to lym lake
geostach07014.jpg

this is right on top of Elizebeth ridge. it had stoped raining about 30sec earlier
geostach07020.jpg

Back