• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore Lake Caution

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
Between the Parking spot above Empire and the Mine, the road is 3/4 washed out. The bad area is fenced off. The road is passable if you stay to the uphill side.

-Ron

Thanks for the heads-up!

Is it wide enough for a full size truck?

Not sure. I suspect it will be one of those comfort zone things.

We were scratching our head trying to figure out how it could be repaired as it's quite deep.

-Ron

Little dirty and I ran this trail all the way to the lake on 9/21. The pictures of the trail where the wash out is make it look real bad but it is completely passable.

The sketchy part is standing on the edge of the wash out looking into the abiss and wondering if the ground you are standing on is safe.

We did have the privilege of seeing a massive bull moose on the far side of the lake just hanging out.

that's what i was wondering too, Matt. i felt nervous about being on the other side of the trail, and being poured on, then having the trail washout even more. wonder if it's changed with the rain from last night?

i ended up running illinois gulch instead. was a good time.

Back