• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suprise lake

olysteve

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got the chance to get out and try to find the trail to Surprise lake. I know I have driven past the turn off several times before but didn't notice it (I think I was looking for more of a minimal set of tracks off into the brush). There were some great views of Rainier on the way up.

There was a bit of water over the trail,
DSCN0496.JPG

Hmm is that still considered a creek,,,,
DSCN0497.JPG

There was no doubt that this was the "trail" there was no where else to go. I was starting to wonder how good of an idea this was....
DSCN0501.JPG

then I ran into the trip ender, slushie snow
(crummy pic, I know)
DSCN0500.JPG

I just missed getting a shot of the rabbit that stayed in the middle of the road about 20 feet further than I could make it. lol
We need a few more weeks (months) of 70 degree weather before this trail is truly passable.

Where is this?

I've hiked up there a couple times. The last time was probably 5 years ago. There were some people camping and one guy had a stock s-10 blazer with some tiny street tires on it. Don't have any idea how he got it up there in one piece. It's probably a little tougher to get up there now.

I'm in sounds like a good camp weekend with light wheeling

Back