• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Firedrill Run: 5/15

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
When it all came down to it, four members were willing to put their Jeeps on the line today, and hand their keys over to someone else.

-TORX
-Goblazers_6
-Bronzewyrm
-Aaron Barnes

We rotated jeeps throughout the day to let everyone have a turn wheeling each Jeep. Powerline, Hoodraiser, Hogsback, Archers Firebreak, and then Waterfall with our own rigs.

For such a horrible idea, this run actually turned out to be a ton of fun. I really enjoyed testing the different setups. Johns luxury late model was a joy to drive, Aaron's ride was entertaining but worked good, and Simple Green lived up to the name. No carnage while any of the Jeeps were in rental mode, and no wrenches were turned.

Great day! I know at least Eric was taking pictures.

Last edited:
I agree. It was a great day. Lots of fun. The Bronzemobile was definitly a sleeper with a smooth ride. Simple green was powerful but kept repeating dr. Dre and eminem. Jeep force one has an ungodly amount of torc. I really hope this becomes an annual event.

Also I got a lot of pics and video. I'm publishing to my computer toninight and will go live on youtube tomorrow evening.

I had an awesome time, it couldn't have gone any better. It was so crazy to be in another members Jeep while watching someone else drive my Jeep right in front of me. My favorite moment was watching Dustin come up hogsback, with streetpirate riding shotgun, and "Forgot about Dre" blasting out the windows. :roflmao: What made it even funnier was Dan telling me over the CB a few minutes later that he could only get my deck to play 2 Dr Dre songs, Eric and I laughing as we could hear Dr Dre in the background over the CB.

I learned a lot on this run. I learned that they made Cherokees without intermittent wipers, how valuable it is to have a comfortable seat, where "2-Low" is located on the shifter, and how much I want a nice late-model (specifically Johns).

I think we'll have to do this next year for sure.

Eric and Dan where the hell are the pictures?!

Since I didn't really run with the group except for Hoodraiser, I don't really have much in the way of pictures. I did shoot video on Hoodraiser but I've gotta finish my ARB install and do some other things today so maybe this evening...

The very easy to see sign at Horse Camp

sign.jpg

Torx and his tent err cot coverd with a tarp.

torxandcot.jpg

Disbelief or fear?

torxfear.jpg

AaronBarnes

aaronbarnes.jpg

Group shot before running Hogsback

groupshot.jpg

Jealousy, I never even left Beaverton. Sorry I missed all the fun, I just never managed to get caught up this weekend.

I'll get some pics up by tomorrow evening

Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing. Looked like a fun time

here ya go, I really didnt take to many but heres some highlights
Impressive carnage at the campfire
IMG_7632.jpg

Getting ready
IMG_7635.jpg

IMG_7634.jpg

SNOW!
IMG_7658.jpg

torx wheeling simple green
IMG_7663.jpg

IMG_7665.jpg

Aaron Barnes relearning how to drive a stick in torx force one (and killing it...sorry man)!

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

Ab attempting the extremely slick filter at can opener.
IMG_7683.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

Darren failing...well thats later so I guess heres him WINNING at the beginning of waterfall.
IMG_7697.jpg

For some reason I thought I had more but maybe not.
All in all it was a good time sorry i dont have any of bronze. I failed as a photographer thats what my wifes for!

I took a fair amount of photos, and over half ended up being of aaron barnes driving various rigs. aaron, if you ever enter for rig of the month I'll make you a special photobucket album of everything.

Vantucky's finest

DSC_0012.jpg

aaron getting tippy in jeepforceone

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

aaron at the filter for canopener

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

the muddy climb on archers was a challenge on a/t's

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

staging up for waterfall

DSC_0097.jpg

dustin picks his line, and drives up waterfall like it was a curb in a parking lot

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

aaron lining up, and sliding off slick rocks

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

darren making an effort, sliding off the same slick rocks, until horribly loud leaking air noises started coming from his rear end due to his exhaust having fallen underwater. Unsure of the damage, he was winched to safety for a second time by aaron barnes.

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics of the waterfall. That looks fun, thanks for sharing.

For sure got me to where when I finally put the heep back out from this rebuild I'm going to try to hit waterfall.

Back