• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

walker vally 4/3

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
so today was alot of fun. there were laughing and crying, amazing flex and carnage, and fun had by all

heres the few picts i have.
imag0358l.jpg

imag0356q.jpg

here's what happens when you forget to disconect your sway bar(or cant)
imag0354.jpg

good thing he had a winch
imag0355v.jpg

i propose this one for nwfest shirt design lol
imag0360k.jpg

made it home safe and muddy
imag0363.jpg

That's some crazy flex. Maybe I should add some more bump stop :laugh:

196927_199196300120081_100000891362027_521603_6949580_n.jpg

Thanks everyone for the good time.

Damage summary:
-jonesinxj ripped his rear drive shaft in two on a rock at the top of Humps and Bumps. We made a cradle to keep the stub in so he didn't lose the t-case fluid. (grey XJ)
-MuddyPunk got a good sized dent in the rear quarter panel (red XJ)
-The TJ that was along with bent his license plate.
-BenDiesel broke in his new MTRs (2dr XJ)
-01whitexj made heavy use out of rock rails and other skid plates (darn 31" tires)

Some fun moments:
- I got a log stuck under my diffs and dragged it along for a bit wondering why I couldn't get going easier (darn 31" tires)
- All the rigs on the trail got backed up on the trail while supposedly a stock 4runner was being dragged through ahead of us. I don't think anyone saw this, but it would have been interesting.
- Got to watch the open/open TJ attempt the final big rock on upper mainline over and over. Then had to reorder the rigs to get some out in front to pull him over it (opps, should have planned for that one).
- Found the upper rock pit and did some playing around and watched ZJ in another group blow up his D30 crawling.

Tim where are your pictures?

Last edited:
Im still working on them... its been a fun day with counter offers on the new house and work!! Will try to get them up tomorrow

Had a great time, made it home safe, with minimal leakage thanks to 01whitexj and the guy in the TJ genius idea on how to trail fix a broken rear driveline that still has a slip yoke and no spare!

I will try to post up my full trip report tomorrow

-jonesinxj ripped his rear drive shaft in two on a rock at the top of Humps and Bumps. We made a cradle to keep the stub in so he didn't lose the t-case fluid. (grey XJ)

Had a great time, made it home safe, with minimal leakage thanks to 01whitexj and the guy in the TJ genius idea on how to trail fix a broken rear driveline that still has a slip yoke and no spare!

I'd be interested to see what you guys came up with!

I broke my drivers side marker light again. Tire side wall is beguining to flex now

Like the picts. Now just need to post post some vids

Hey dose any one know where the guy in the tj is going to post his vids/picts

Liking the setup ben? Looks fun.

Yip it works well

Looks like fun guys! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how different the trails look since a month or so ago. Did the rocks grow in size?

I smoked my rear pinion bearing on Sunday POOP so now I have to learn how to rebuild a rear end YAY !!!!. Yes I do belive the rocks have grown sence the last time I was there.

That sucks man! Now may be the time to look for a new rear axle. I know you said you have never had a issue with the 35, but since the pinion is smoked anyway, sell the lockright out of it and find a 8.8 out of a explorer. Most have 3.73 gears and a limited slip (easy rebuild for the clutch packs if worn) it's a 31 spline axle so even if your hard on the stupid pedal the chance for breakage is very minimal.

It was a blast wheelin with ya! Glad you came out

Back