• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF 5/14/2011 Great Day.

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
A few of us were getting together a run on the 14th.. since we were using TXT messages and telepathy.. it wasn't the most organized. Life reared its head and a couple had to drop out. Originally we though we would be there the same time as the firedrill run.. but realized we made it for Saturday instead of Sunday. Which was cool, Saturday the weather rocked!

It turned out to be only Justin and I. I think there are a few hundred trip reports from us on here. This one is Uber Special fantastico! I wanted to plunge deep into TSF and hit some of the far trails that I had not run before. They beginning of Archers, which is in the southwest area of TSF has always been a pain in the butt to get to a couple wrong turns.. and some roads with land slides.. dead ends.. any way.. It was a good day.

I finally found my way down there and the Trails were BITCHIN GROOVALISTIC ! !

The day started out the usual NAXJA path.. we ran Cedar Tree, then as we cut over to firebreak 5, we ran into CrazyMoose's handy work..

IMAG0071.jpg

Then we ran FB5.. we cut it off at the top section, about a 1/4 of the way up we got sick of the soft snow.. and turned around..

IMAG0073.jpg

Then we drove out the the southwest area, so we could run Archers firebreak all the way back.

There are some AWESOME ! Pucker inspiring hill climbs and drops..

This is the top of one
IMAG0075.jpg

Justin Lost a Marker light at the top of this one-

IMAG0078.jpg

We came across several huge pools.. I stopped and threw a couple rocks.. and poked around with a stick before I went through..
IMAG0081.jpg

Then we came across this lovely little obstacle.. Archers Rock Garden-

IMAG0083.jpg

I almost went down it.. but it got real tippy.. so I meowed out and put it in reverse.. and backed the hell back up it..

Here is another shot. It looks very similar to WaterFall when there, but very different climbs and obstacles..

IMAG0084.jpg

I did my part to keep the forest clean.

IMAG0088.jpg

It was a great Day. I plan on going back in the next few weeks and heading straight for that area.

Of course.. the trophy airing up shot!
IMAG0085.jpg

Back