• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

White Rim Trail Overnight October 3, 2016

When are you getting into town. We will probably go over on Saturday.

I have a friend flying in late on Saturday so we'll probably head down on Sunday after we finish packing everything. We were thinking about camping out somewhere like near the Tombstone (rock west of Dubinky Well that looks like it's namesake). That way we would be close to the Visitor's Center at Canyonlands Island in the Sky and could get an early start. Do you have any other places you like? I looked at motels around. Even as far as Green River the Comfort Inn and the Motel 6 are over $120 for the first and the second had no vacancy.

I was thinking of KOA or something like that in town, but I might be up for what you decide on. A lot depends on if my passenger comes or not.

I have run into some family problems. It looks like I won't be able to get away. I am really bummed.

Sorry to hear that Tom. If you ever want to do it again, let me know. You have the cell # and it should work for a while (at least until I retire). Maybe Mike Rollins will be interested in the third spot. I'll let him know.

I had the knee surgery and every thing is mostly going OK. Now the doctors want to operate on my wrist again. This getting old crap is a bitch.

We are trying to put together a three day run the Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week. As soon as I hear we have the reservations I will post up if anybody is interested.

Back