• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling Wrap-Up Dinner/Picnic Friday evening

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Fall Fling Attendees: In the past we have done a dinner at a local park to get everyone together and socialize. I suggest Friday, October 7 and doing the usual fried chicken and sides, however I am open to suggestions.

In the past, this has been essentially all you can eat at $12 for adults and less for kids. (Remember, no daily trail fees this year unless the group grows really large.)

It looks like a small group. As far as people posting up I count less than 10 XJers plus friends and family. Let me know what you want, as I will need to reserve a shelter or something else for the group.

Not sure on the others but if the group is small we could just meet up at the Brewery. I'm open to whatever works. Thanks.

It looks like up to 30 people will be at this event. That's a little large for the brewery on a Friday night in the busy season. I have reserved the Rotary Park shelter at 680 Millcreek Dr., which is the same place as in 2015. I reserved it from 5:00 to 8:00 PM.

I am open to suggestions for the menu, but tentatively I am thinking the fried chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. from City Market. If there are dietary restrictions (like Janine wanting to be gluten free) please let me know and we can make arrangements.

It looks like up to 30 people will be at this event. That's a little large for the brewery on a Friday night in the busy season. I have reserved the Rotary Park shelter at 680 Millcreek Dr., which is the same place as in 2015. I reserved it from 5:00 to 8:00 PM.

I am open to suggestions for the menu, but tentatively I am thinking the fried chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. from City Market. If there are dietary restrictions (like Janine wanting to be gluten free) please let me know and we can make arrangements.

More than I would have thought but that's good. Sounds fine to me. :cheers:

Either sounds fine to us, Brewery if small enough group.

Steve! Thanks again for getting this all put together for us/hosting.
Best of wishes for ya tomorrow. :thumbup:

The final tally for the dinner and the raffle tickets was that we made a few dollars, primarily on the raffle tickets. The amount was $115.00 and will go into the ICNAXJA account to help fund future projects or donations as the club deems appropriate. Thanks to all who participated.

Back