• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention Everyone Attending Fall Fling 2014

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The IC NAXJA Officers and one national officer (Dr. Moab) had a meeting this past Saturday about the very low preregistration for the upcoming Fall Fling. About a half-dozen preregistrations have come in, however we have had about 40 individuals say they will be there.

Make no mistake, the Fall Fling will happen. But, as it is an off-year with very low registration, we now have to handle registrations and daily trail ride fees at the event each day. Unless we can pull a rabbit out of our hats, there will not be T-shirts this year. There is just not enough preregistration to justify the costs.

We will still have the dinner at the Old City Park and the food will be good. It will be necessary for you if you have not registered to tell us you are going to be at the dinner so we can plan the food. :chef:

For those of you who have registered, we will make you whole. If we can work something out with PayPal, we will refund your money and then collect what you owe at the event. If not, we will keep track of your registration and settle up with you at the event.

Please check back with this thread for any further developments and thank you for your understanding--Sandy Steve:soapbox:

So does this mean I shouldn't bother pre registering now? Nevermind I missed it anyway. Bummer, first year I won't have a T-shirt for. :( Anyway it still took my pre registration. :)

Last edited:
The dinner is still up in the air. I am contacting City Market to see about preparing fried chicken and sides like last year, but have not caught up with the manager yet. If we can find a big enough grill and want to spend more money, I will entertain the suggestion of steaks and cooking them ourselves.

What is the minimum order required or the number of pre registrations needed for us to have T-shirts this year?
I wouldn't mind chipping in a little extra to make the T-shirts a reality......

I have become the de facto spokesperson, but I am not involved in the T-shirts, just the reservations for the park and the dinner there. I will try to get an answer for you as soon as I can. Basically, the problem is we had only a half-dozen preregistrations. It would be impossible to do a T-shirt run and have the right number on-hand for everyone who registers at the event under those circumstances.

Because of lack of participation (seven whole registrations in two months) I had the guy helping with artwork bag it. We have no artwork, no funds to get shirts going and still no clue how many even plan on attending. It could be ten or it could be fifty.

There is a reason we asked and asked and then asked again to have people pre-register by the 15th.

Two weeks is just cutting it too close.

I'm officially out. After working for the same company for 12 years, I was recruited by a competitor last month. Good news is, it's a great career move.......but it will prevent me from attending this years FF.

I'm officially out. After working for the same company for 12 years, I was recruited by a competitor last month. Good news is, it's a great career move.......but it will prevent me from attending this years FF.

The ten of us that show up will be shunning you extensively. :spin1:

Congrats on the move! I should get me one of them. First I should get better at my job so someone wants some uh 'dis.

Congrats on the new job.... and career move.
You will be missed at the event; see you next year.

Back