• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starboard M builds a Cafe Racer

Umm, even loaded up with all the extra options I wanted and that Sportster 48 only run 11,000$

Umm, even loaded up with all the extra options I wanted and that Sportster 48 only run 11,000$
Ive never priced out a Sportster, so I was going off what people wanted for other used Harleys. 11k isnt bad, anyone want to buy a kidney?

Nope sorry, I'm selling one myself. :D

I'm just going to go for a used Sportster 1200 and then get a "peanut" tank and drag bars and other stuff to get the look I want. It'll be way cheaper than buying the 48, especially as I would still want a larger tank on it too. A buddy has a 3.4gallon peanut tank on his sportster and it looks great, plus it actually holds a reasonable amount of fuel.

Ive been riding the bike every couple of days to work, and also on the weekends. Its amazing how much more enjoyable my commute is on a bike than it is in my Jeep.

Im come to the conclusion that either my swing arm bearings or my rear wheel bearings are shot. Almost fell off the bike when I got onto 25 again and hit that grooved pavement. Which means I should take the rear swing arm and tire off and inspect those bearings, but with how much I fought with that rear wheel, Im dreading the thought.

Tomorrow Im going to try again on tuning the carbs. Still dont think the bike is running right, so I figure its worth a shot. Then hopefully more riding!

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to sell my bike. :eek:

After riding it for about a month, I realize that I built a cafe racer, and really want something that I can take on longer trips, is water cooled, and maybe a little better handling.

After sitting in traffic and realizing how hot the bike got, and really wishing I could go farther than 60 miles on a tank of gas, I am going to purchase a SV650.
At this time in my life, building a custom bike just isnt going to happen. So many things I want to do, and no ability to do them.

Anyone know of a SV for sale? :D

Its an homage to the 1948 (hence the name 48) Panhead

BLUE%2048%20PAN.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to sell my bike. :eek:

After riding it for about a month, I realize that I built a cafe racer, and really want something that I can take on longer trips, is water cooled, and maybe a little better handling.

After sitting in traffic and realizing how hot the bike got, and really wishing I could go farther than 60 miles on a tank of gas, I am going to purchase a SV650.
At this time in my life, building a custom bike just isnt going to happen. So many things I want to do, and no ability to do them.

Anyone know of a SV for sale? :D

That really sucks you are selling it. Was gonna be a cool ride....
You will really dig the Sv tho. - fun lil bike

Loves me this Virago.

29sqv7.jpg

As physically big as I am and as much as I do not like the Sportster line...

It shocked me to fall for the little 883 Iron in the flat black.

Last year I tried to sell the bike, but just never had my heart in it. Told the girlfriend I was going to wait until spring to sell it.

I guess she knew all along I wouldnt sell it, because she didnt bat an eye when I did this.....

15fa8f1c.jpg

Oppps...

The build begins again. :firedevil

I have a bike that I'm doing a cafe build on as well. And I XJ sitting next to it both fighting for time to get finished. At least the bike is running right now though. Not so much on the jeep. Let me know if you wanna go for a cruise when you get all the pieces back together.

Back