• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

Sea level 60' times are around 1.2-1.7 seconds.

Mile high 60' in the 2.0-2.2 second range.

0-60 mph 3.7 sec. 3.4 sec. sea level.

I went to Bandimere last night for grudge racing and ran an 11.466 ET at 122 mph. 60' time 1.718 0-60 dropped to 3.4 and 0-100 dropped to 7.7 DA last night for that run was 7177 ft. I also had over half a tank of gas and I'm not a small fellow.

My car is slightly modded
Cracked pcm
Diablo canned 93 octane tune
25% bend of 100 octane race fuel
Drag radials

The engine has a lot of untapped potential

Nice work Ken! I need to run mine.......

First car show yesterday. Summerset Fest at Clement Park with my high school buddy's '05 Mustang GT that he brought back from the dead (hit hard right rear).

IMG_20160917_140309916_zpshk03zrjl.jpg

Hmmmmmm. I'll keep it in mind.

Been in Vegas since Sunday.......b-day vacation kinda thing.

No B.S. ........ was supposed to get a Ford Fusion as a rental, had a cheap deal set up. They were out of cars for that deal and had to upgrade me...... this is what they had waiting for me.......lol!

IMG_20161009_164313175_zpsz0swmmeu.jpg

Turns out......Barrett Jackson is here in Vegas too.....going Thursday. Gonna be cool! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I am so jealous. I'm not even at the midlife crisis stage!!

Barrett Jackson was a blast! So many great cars to check out!

This '76 Petty Volare / Aspen kit car went for only $12,100. I was so wishing I had a bidder's card....

IMG_20161013_141440766_zpss4pweskd.jpg

Other amazing cars.....

IMG_20161013_133255180_zpsqp5wog3u.jpg

IMG_20161013_105833043_zpszglhhkyd.jpg

IMG_20161013_103605198_zps2sjb7qki.jpg

IMG_20161013_101535654_zpsxhpcnhz8.jpg

IMG_20161013_110941765_HDR_zpsmnfv21ie.jpg

I've decided that my HC will be getting electric exhaust cut outs and "boom tube" side exhaust tips (nascar style) like these HC's had at the Dodge Thrill Ride. The sound is awesome and you could hear them from the strip:

Took lots of pics, but the one I didn't think to take........ was of the lines. There was NO waiting to do the Corvette Thrill Ride, but a 20-30 min wait in line to do the HC's and Viper...... lol.

The Vette's were base model 435 hp cars. While I could appreciate that they hold the turns like they're on rails compared to the HC's..... they offered little else for "Thrill" value. I'll keep my HC.

While in Vegas, we toured the Eldorado Gold Mine near Nelson, NV. The "ghost town" there is incredible if you're into rusty gold and oddities.....

IMG_20161012_102756628_zpsfz9nxxir.jpg

IMG_20161012_102800290_zpsrlvb6sll.jpg

IMG_20161012_102912441_zpsdyl3vpa8.jpg

IMG_20161012_103400103_zpspvdahhtu.jpg

IMG_20161012_140031037_zpspsiz2k6m.jpg

While we were there, this curious group of Germans drove up in these 3 AMG rides along with a Mercedes SUV and a Dodge Ram...... all with Michigan Manufacturer plates. There's a rough job huh?

IMG_20161012_145520584_zpswykacyqh.jpg

IMG_20161012_145437433_zpsqkuailom.jpg

Last edited:
I've decided that my HC will be getting electric exhaust cut outs and "boom tube" side exhaust tips (nascar style) like these HC's had at the Dodge Thrill Ride. The sound is awesome and you could hear them from the strip:

IIRC, from one of my sleepless nights surfing the web, those are illegal in Colorado.

It was fun reading all the regs. There was actually a section banning the old sparkplug in the tailpipe, flame makers.

They are...... in the black and white sense under CRS 42-4-225.......

 "Every motor vehicle subject to registration and operated on a highway shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-off, bypass, or similar device.  No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of this section. Violation of this section constitutes a class B traffic infraction."

.......But so are lift kits........ a class 2 misdemeanor

:moon:

:D

Last edited:
I rode in my buddies srt8 Cherokee with a supercharger on it a couple weekends ago. I was impressed with the big girl out of the hole. Makes me want to turbo a 4x or awd cheby.
You making it to the track on the 30th Troy?

I rode in my buddies srt8 Cherokee with a supercharger on it a couple weekends ago. I was impressed with the big girl out of the hole. Makes me want to turbo a 4x or awd cheby.
You making it to the track on the 30th Troy?

I thought you just acquired a 5.3 Trailblazer for a daily driver? Supercharge that! :D

Totally forgot about that track day. I looked on line and the track's webpage.... not a whole lot about the event. What's it cost and is it both 1/4 strip and road course that day?

I'd have to get a helmet (something less huge than my MC helmet anyway) and - according to the rules, my car is to have a front tow point..... which it does not. Would that prevent me from running it?

I thought you just acquired a 5.3 Trailblazer for a daily driver? Supercharge that! :D

Totally forgot about that track day. I looked on line and the track's webpage.... not a whole lot about the event. What's it cost and is it both 1/4 strip and road course that day?

I'd have to get a helmet (something less huge than my MC helmet anyway) and - according to the rules, my car is to have a front tow point..... which it does not. Would that prevent me from running it?

Bring it over. I will weld you some D rings on it.

I've never had a tow point on the cars that I've ran there. If I remember correctly I paid 25 bucks to run the straight line last time. Road course depends on day/ event.

I'd love to turbo my trailblazer. The challenge is the cost because id have to replace the heads due to its displacement on demand and replacing the electric throttle assembly with a cable is a pain. For the money I could just buy a built turbo Ls vehicle.

When ya can't find it....... Ya make it!

s-l400_zpsyiyuqmwo.jpg

IMG_20161111_172708723_zpsop49u63a.jpg

IMG_20161111_172754023_zpspiemeuws.jpg

Well........ I'm really certain now. I'm not a fan of Pirelli tires.

The HC came with the option of 2 Pirelli tires, an all season and a summer only tire. Mine had the summer tires on it. For the most part, initially, I didn't have an issue with them. The Pirelli all season run flats that our SRT8 Grand had were simply awful and we tossed those in a hurry in favor of the very affordable and highly rated Yokohama Parada Spec X. LOVED those tires on the SRT8 Grand.

As the months went on, I noted similarities in the handling characteristics of the Pirelli's on the HC that reminded me of the run flats. I actually checked them once to be absolutely sure they weren't. Just rough riding tires with lots to be desired on wet surfaces.

Come September, I checked the tread depth of the rear tires. Lots of hard launches with brief moments of tire spin, but no burn outs. 2/3 rds of the tire was already gone....... I know.... what did I expect of ANY tire mounted to a car with this kind of horsepower. But still.

Then came the brief burnout I did at the Meet and Greet. I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT do one EVER..... seemed like a good idea at the time...... tires are now at 2-3/32nds at the wear bars. If I try to goose it to pass a slow moving car I end up having to correct it out of a pretty loose fishtail. Especially on the cold concrete road surfaces out here. Kinda spooky actually.

Figured I'd deal with it in the Spring since this weekend was the last hurrah for the HC and I put it away for the winter. But started doing the research on replacement tires. I won't bore you with all the data and review info but when it came down to it, all good points pointed to the Continental Extreme Contact DW's

TireRack was having a REALLY good sale on these this week. Normally $916 for a set of 4, I got a set for $596 picked up at their warehouse in Denver.

Gonna be a long winter........ But I WILL wake up the HC with a truly gnarly smoky burn out come Spring..... :laugh3:

IMG_20161129_113600907_HDR_zpsn9vlkin8.jpg

Last edited:
Back