• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Jeep XJ 7 in RE, Built 4.0

1fox2go

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about selling my Jeep. Building something else.
IMG00096.jpg

Specs include:
1996 Country, Jeep says it has 165k on it but...
Built 4.0: Bored 30 over, lots of head work, off road cam, keith black pistions, higher compression ratio, needs to run on 89 octane, loves 93...
4.56 gears
Dana 44 rear, HP 30 Front
Ruff Stuff Covers front and rear
Iron Scorpion Off road winch bumper
Mile Marker 8k winch
35x12.50 Mud Trac Mud Terrains
Flowmaster exhaust
K&N Air Filter
TnT off road Y-Link Long arm kit
Rubicon Express 7.5 in coils
Rubicon Express 5.5 in Leaves with RE boomerang Shackles
Rhinolined interior
Hunsaker Seats
Heavy Duty Steering, not sure of the brand will have a pic to show
Hood Vents
Olympic Top Hat Roof Rack
Bilstein Rear Shocks/ RE front mono tubes
Gas tank Skid
Rear Hitch

It does have dents but nothing major

Best pics I have of the steering
Image008-2.jpg

flexxxer-1.jpg

Image001-3.jpg

jjruhfgjjrikoifri019.jpg

I figure start at $7000 and be open to reasonable offers

Located in Staunton Va

Forgot to add the engine has less than 10k miles on it and it also has the TnT frame stiffeners and the Iron Scorpion inner steering box brace as well as Rustys steering box brace, and a new radiator

those are swampers... not mud tracks..
wheres the top hat?
its not a mile marker winch..
Bumpers? etc
its beat to hell.. vs minor dents.

post pictures of what you re selling not pictures of the stuff you re keeping to make it look like its worth the money..

wheres the top hat?
Bumpers? etc

post pictures of what you re selling not pictures of the stuff you re keeping to make it look like its worth the money..

geez, I guess YOU own this Jeep, huh??
Check the first pic for the bumper and winch in the ad.
Mud Tracks/Super Swampers/most likely produced and cased by the same company hence they look alike.....
probably bought the top hat rack and never installed it since he decided to build a toyota......

To the OP: Good luck with the sale of this built TRAIL RIG!!!
bump

wheres the top hat?
Bumpers? etc

Its dented yes, it is a milemarker want more pics for proof? the swampers wore out and I bought mud tracs. The top hat I dont really have pics of let me see hang on...
IMAG0065.jpg

These swampers are my dads but notice the rack on the roof
IMAG0027-1.jpg

IMG00058.jpg

IMG00057.jpg

Bumper is made by IRON SCORPION says so in first post, and oh my look mud tracs and a MILE MARKER WINCH. IF you just want to bitch, keep it to yourself, actually wait thanks for the bump

Thanks for the bump also Spawn

Also has a HUGE aftermarket trans cooler installed as well

The pics of the 8274 were to show the steering. And for being a very capable trail rig these dents are minor. Doors work fine, ac still works, I never use it so it needs to be re charged

So to clarify the confusion the jeep comes as the first pic in this reply, minus the swampers, unless you want them I can work something out, other wise its the tires in the last pic of this reply with the aluminum wheels from the very first post

Last edited:
custom steering setup or what?

I got this off a guy from my dads work. Not sure of the make but it uses 5/8 thread 3/4 eyelet heim joints on the knuckles. The knuckles were drilled to accommodate the 3/4 bolt at each end. It still mates to the pit man arm just like factory however. Looks a lot like the rockkrawler steering people tell me

Back