• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: The Rock Solid SVT Ranger, TN

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Ok guys, unfortunately things have changed in my life and I got to the point where the ranger just wasn’t cutting it any more. I love the truck, it is a great daily driver and weekend warrior that could conquer pretty much anything I threw at it. However, since I own my own business that requires me to tow and haul all of the time, I really needed something bigger. I bought a ¾ ton truck and so its time for the Ranger to move on too. This truck is my baby, I daily drove it everywhere for almost 3 years and it has never let me down. It is hands down one of the most factory appearing modded trucks, meaning that all mods were done on a level that could pass as a factory option. I have so much time and effort (and a TON of money) in this truck to make it what it is that I really hate to see it go, but I simply cannot afford to have 2 trucks right now. Everything works as it should, and it is a very comfortable driver. I wouldn’t hesitate to hop in it and drive it across the country right now. The truck was just given a complete going over and was thoroughly detailed, so detailed that the seats were even removed and the carpet was shampooed. Truck was recently serviced with new fluids and all steering components are new too. Unfortunately I am going to lose my butt money wise on this truck, it is super nice, but in the end I understand that it is still a 96 Ranger. However, you can’t build this truck for twice my asking price, so whoever gets it will be getting a steal on it. Check out the long list of specs below, and keep in mind that none of this stuff is hacked, it is all professionally done and it all appears factory. Because of this, my asking price is $9,299. This is a steal on this truck, but price may be somewhat negotiable. No Trades except for maybe Mustang Cobra Parts plus cash. I’m going to leave on the forums for about a week and a half. If it doesn’t sell or I don’t get any serious bites by then it will be going on eBay on Monday, June 20th. I need it gone.

If intersted you can contact me by phone or email. 423-619-4085 or [email protected]

Specs:
1996 Ford SVT Ranger Extended Cab
Engine:
1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 V8
GT40P Heads
GT40 Intake manifold
1” phenolic plenum spacer
Rebuilt before install
140 Amp Alternator
Brand new water pump
Griffin Radiator
Flex-a-lite Black Magic series electric fan
L&L Motor mounts and oil filter relocation kit
Advance Adapters Oil Pan
K&N Air filter

Transmission:
1998 4R70W
Stock rebuild done at install
BIG external tranny cooler
Advance Adapters Tail housing and output shaft

Transfer Case:
BW 1354 Electric Shift
New Shift motor
Tubular skid plate

Front Axle:
1995 High Pinion Dana 30
ARB Air Locker
Genuine Gear G2 brand 4.56 Gears
Big shafts with 760X Joints
Control Arm Skids
Ruff Stuff Specialties 3/8 Diff cover
Double Cardan joint driveshaft

Rear Axle:
1998 Explorer 8.8 with disc brakes
ARB air locker
Genuine Gear G2 brand 4.56 Gears
31 Spline shafts
Thick Stamped factory cover
1 Piece 4” OD Drive shaft with brand new 1330 Series u-joints

Suspension:
Front:
6 inch lift using TJ Wrangler coils up front
Custom long arm constructed of 1.75” OD x .25 wall DOM
7/8 Chromolly Rod ends at frame, poly bushings at axle
Hydro Shocks
1.5” OD x .25 wall DOM track bar and tie rod
Reinforced Drag link with custom DOM adjustment sleeve
Rear:
4” Lift leaf springs with overload leaf
2” block
Hydro Shocks

Interior:
Factory Power Leather seats with embroidered SVT logo
White Faced SVT Gauges
Digital Climate control
Full length center console with Trip/Mileage computer
Overhead Console with Compass and Outside Temp
Power Windows, Door locks, and Mirrors

Sound System:
Alpine Head Unit
Alpine Sound mixer/equalizer
Alpine 5 Channel amp (running front and rear door speakers only)
Rockford Fosgate P3001 Sub Amp
Component speakers all the way around
2 Alpine 10” Subs
False floor in rear housing one amp and sound mixer module

Other Goodies:
Warn M8000 winch mounted behind factory bumper
In Cab winch controls mounted in center console
ARB Controls integrated into a factory turn style 4x4 knob next to radio for factory appearance
(3) Hella 500’s mounted on front bumper, swapped to 100 watt bulbs
Rock Lights mounted under truck in front of tires
Factory Fog light switches to control both rock lights and Hellas
Custom Designed Rock Sliders With Laser Cut “SVT Ranger” Step Plates
ICE COLD A/C and hot heat!!!
Electric trailer brake controller mounted in Glove box
7 pin trailer connector
Reciever Hitch
Cobra CB Radio
Automatic Headlights
Keyless Entry
Keypad Entry
5% Tint all the way around (not on windshield)
35” BFG Mud Terrain tires, probably about 8,000 miles left on them
Eagle Alloy Polished Aluminum Wheels
Sway Bar disconnects
Dual 2.25” Exhaust into a Magnaflow Muffler and a single 3” Tail pipe.
Electric antenna relocated to passenger fender (like an explorer), cowl mount was shaved.
Cowl Induction Hood

The Bad:
Sometimes it will throw a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) for a large EVAP leak. I have spent a little time looking for it, but it didn’t really bother me enough to fool with it anymore. That is the only DTC it has ever thrown for me. Also, the truck does not have Catalytic converters, but the computer will not throw codes for that so it will pass a computer test. To completely eliminate the EVAP issue I was going to have a new chip burned for the computer (only about $200) and have that function deleted. Also, this truck used to pull double duty for me, as my Daily Driver and a mild wheeler, so it does have a few dents and dings and a few scratches but nothing major at all. The driver’s door has a small dent, and there are a few small dents in the bed and one in the tailgate, but none of them are bad at all. They are not really even visible from 10 ft away, and are hard to see in the pictures but I just want to try and disclose all info as best as I can. Other than that there is nothing wrong with this truck!
To see all of the photos go here:
http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/72mustang-man/Ranger for sale/

100_2563.jpg

100_2565.jpg

100_2566.jpg

100_2567.jpg

Tyler have you got it posted on the ford trucks forum or the ranger station? Nice truck well built.

Tyler have you got it posted on the ford trucks forum or the ranger station? Nice truck well built.

Yeah, it is on TRS, Ranger-forums, Mautofied, Pirate, and here. May put it on CL when I get a chance too.

Had many fun adventures in this truck! Hate to see it go... good luck with the sale :)

fo real??
good luck selling it.. Sweet ride!

Woah, that is one sweet Ranger. I have a white 5.0L Mustang so I can definitely appreciate it. If I only had an extra 10k laying around....

Back