• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy from Chicago area

I take 294 to 80East to 394 South.

394 South has many less traffic lights.

if you mapquest it, you'll see it leads into Rt 1 and Rt 17 then takes you to 41 south. It is a smooth ride. you can't get lost. It jogs slightly out of the way, but you don't really even notice it. I was so happy when I started using this route instead of 80 to 41.

BOB

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Chicago&state=IL

hmmmm, might have to try that. did it add any time to the trip? i have tried 394 to 30 then 41 but 30 has tons of stop lights too so it doesnt really help.

hmmmm, might have to try that. did it add any time to the trip? i have tried 394 to 30 then 41 but 30 has tons of stop lights too so it doesnt really help.

I used to do the same...394 to 30.

try my route...Beecher has a McD's for a decent rest stop.

past Beecher is all farm land and no more lights. It akes you right to 41.
When you are at 41 at 17, make notes of the land markers.
on the way back you don't want to miss the turn off.

I've been doing this route for about 4 or 5 years now.

BOB

I take 294 to 80East to 394 South.

394 South has many less traffic lights.

if you mapquest it, you'll see it leads into Rt 1 and Rt 17 then takes you to 41 south. It is a smooth ride. you can't get lost. It jogs slightly out of the way, but you don't really even notice it. I was so happy when I started using this route instead of 80 to 41.

BOB

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Chicago&state=IL

Is that going through momence and grant park? or do you just take rt1 to rt17 to 41 cause it looks like that kinda backtracks you a bit but 1/17 goes right there to 41 but you got to go through the two towns of 25 mph speedlimits

my parents have a cabin by the river there right in momence, I go there every couple weeks

Is that going through momence and grant park? or do you just take rt1 to rt17 to 41 cause it looks like that kinda backtracks you a bit but 1/17 goes right there to 41 but you got to go through the two towns of 25 mph speedlimits

my parents have a cabin by the river there right in momence, I go there every couple weeks

initially your doing 55 all the way to rte 30 with no stops signs.
Yes, Beecher has two stop lights and is 25 mph.
sorrry, didn't see Momance anywhere along my route.
394 turns into 1 which turns into 17 which turns into 2!?!?
but you never even know it, no turns, just keep driving.
It curves a bit but no turns. It takes you right into 41.
did you mapquest it?

BOB

it looks like Momence is further down 1/17. the way it looks on mapquest, you just stay on 1/17 to the east and it goes right to 41.

initially your doing 55 all the way to rte 30 with no stops signs.
Yes, Beecher has two stop lights and is 25 mph.
sorrry, didn't see Momance anywhere along my route.
394 turns into 1 which turns into 17 which turns into 2!?!?
but you never even know it, no turns, just keep driving.
It curves a bit but no turns. It takes you right into 41.
did you mapquest it?

BOB

I didn't map quest it, its one of those things i just know what your talking about from driving down there for about 5 years, i was just curious as to how you guys were going cause back before jeepin i lived in momence and used to see rigs on tailors at the gas station and i wondered were they were heading

Will join the convoy in Lake Village, In. at Rt 10 an Rt 41 - guessing around 6:30 or so. Am leaving the I-80 and I-55 area about 5:00 and taking all the back roads to avoid I-80. Any contact phone # in case there is a dalay?

Will join the convoy in Lake Village, In. at Rt 10 an Rt 41 - guessing around 6:30 or so. Am leaving the I-80 and I-55 area about 5:00 and taking all the back roads to avoid I-80. Any contact phone # in case there is a dalay?

Would love to meet ya at that spot seeing as making the trek to Rt30 and Rt41 is a little outta your way. Thats a good time to be there, it should only take us 30-45min. to make that point on the road.

Here's my Cell in case anyone wants to jump in or let me know if they are slightly behind in time: 219-798-5912 Phil

We will be on channel 22 if anyone wants to keep their CB on during the trip.

my brother might meet us there also

ok i will be meeting the convoy up at 114/10 and 41 coming from Bradley. i am guessing you guys should be driving threw there at about 6

ok i will be meeting the convoy up at 114/10 and 41 coming from Bradley. i am guessing you guys should be driving threw there at about 6

Cool, be good to see ya again! There will be quite a few trucks there at the same time. If you are there at 6, you might be a little early. It'll probably take us at least 30min. to get there from 41/30 in schererville. You will be guaranteed not to miss us though. Just keep in contact with your brother. He can keep ya updated with where we're at on the road.

Phil

o and by the way im not bringing the dodge :) im pulling out the stock jeep hope you all are gona help when i get-r-stuck

leaving right now, I will not stop anywhere to meet up. the only place i will meet up is AT badland

see ya

Back