• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery cables

Sephrion

NAXJA Forum User
ok this might sound stupid but where (other than a stealership) can i get the two wire pos. lead i need to replace my rotten one on my '94 XJ?

I second that - make them. Look for a few posts from 5-90 about measurements and Renix about 3 months or so ago. I'm pretty sure there was some discussion of construction methods and sources for material. Or you could go to Pep Boys, Autozone, Checker/Schucks/Kragen and buy one off the shelf...

You can buy the correct length cable most anywhere,what you cant get is the drop wire in heavy enough guage.
What I did was buy a cable (2ga-IIRC) and a marine style end,had some 8ga wire and end and made my own.
Wayne

I had no luck finding one at any auto parts places for my 95. They couldn't even order one. It's mostly because of the starter wire being attached to the connector I believe. I ended up making my own from welding cable.

[font=&quot]Mil spec bat terminals, 01 welding cable, 01 bat cable terminals from part house. One of my best upgrades. Easy, cheap, way better, even solved an AC problem.[/font]

i got mine through work... we have great hook ups on parts though. try a junk yard?

Back