• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very Sad News Today....(Kent "Lion Grrrr" Nelson)

zzyzx

NAXJA Forum User
I just received a very sad phone call from a good friend who informed me that we have lost another great XJ man. He was known as Lion.

You will be missed by many my friend!

Robert

Re: Very Sad News Today....

oh NO!!! Lion (Kent) was a great guy! I wheeled with him in Moab and last saw him at Fiesta Island for SocalXJ. He was a former Chicagoan and a hardcore Cubs fan. I will miss him dearly. hope he's drinking a budweiser with Harry Caray now.

Anyone know his funeral services date and location?

I met him in Moab several years ago and my wife and I had the pleasure of having supper with with him at a Mexican food place. He was an individual.

Sad to hear of his passing.

Damn, can't believe it. :tear:

It's odd. Literally ten minutes ago, I was thinking about Mike O, who we lost two years ago. And now this.

Kent's posts were always a fun read because you never knew what he was talking about. :)

But he will be missed.

man what a nice guy he was. i met him at socal fest last year, he brought me a beer i had never heard of at 6am and told me to pop it open and join him in a drink :D

:cheers: heres one for you Kent, drink up.

If you ever met Lion you would never forget him.God Bless Sir Lion.

djblade311 said:
Anyone know his funeral services date and location?

I will find out about the services. I should have more info on this by tomorrow. :tear:

he took great pictures of my family at Fiesta Island. Here's some pics of him:

71395637.aOalUADK.jpg

Here's me and 20 other ppl putting his front coil back in near the end of Hell's Revenge in Moab:
71395855.SLpkdTzY.jpg

Our newly departed friend Kent aka Lion:
73736418.lB7rwUad.jpg

ya know out of all of the socal folks my wife has met Lion is the only one I didnt have to remind her of who he is, when I told her the news she immediatly cried. I cant say we knew him well but damnit we were blessed to have known him.

4xSanta said:
Lion will be missed......SANTA

X a million.....

Prayers out to the family....

and a final GRRRR!!!! Lion....

Hope he's in a better place whatever/where ever that may be.
He'll be missed.

Wow.... shocking news.
He was an awesome guy..... i always seemed to cross paths with him wheeling in BB. Super friendly & always wanted to have a chat.

Rest in Piece Lion.

Back