• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run Golden Spike lately?

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
So a few of us more seasoned NAXJA members(old farts) are going to Moab soon. I haven't run Golden Spike in almost a decade and would like to take the group on it. I'm just wondering if it has gotten a lot harder since the last time I ran it. We all have street legal Jeeps and a lot of experience behind the wheel but has it changed drastically? Anyone?

We ran it last October starting from Poison Spider. I drove my Jeep out from Chicago on 33s and 5ish inches of lift. Jeff also ran a similar setup, and neither of us had any issues, aside from having to winch up golden Waterfall.

It was also my favorite we ran.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Was just out there. Trail is pretty much the same( one of the few) the waterfall seems a bit bigger due to big tire spins at the bottom but that’s about it.

Oh and hi Jes, good to see ya on here. :wave:

Hell ya! :greensmok
I really need to get out to CO again.
Edit: And you're in Montrose? Die Trying is STILL in my top five trails that I've ever run.

I think we're gonna do Rusty Nail to Golden Spike on Monday. Gonna be me, BC, the artist formerly known as Farmermatt, and Lou #S194. I've watched some recent vids and it looks the same that it was a decade ago.
Bryon Reyna is meeting us out there on Tuesday, we'll probably camp out in Lockhart Basin someplace then run something at the South end.
Gonna be good times.

Hell ya! :greensmok
I really need to get out to CO again.
Edit: And you're in Montrose? Die Trying is STILL in my top five trails that I've ever run.

I think we're gonna do Rusty Nail to Golden Spike on Monday. Gonna be me, BC, the artist formerly known as Farmermatt, and Lou #S194. I've watched some recent vids and it looks the same that it was a decade ago.
Bryon Reyna is meeting us out there on Tuesday, we'll probably camp out in Lockhart Basin someplace then run something at the South end.
Gonna be good times.

Good stuff. Yeah should be a rad time. I’d try and meet y’all out there but I’ve already done two Moab trips this month. A third might be pushing it haha.
Yep in Montrose. Die trying is a fun one. There are some harder ones, easier ones,and the crazy one (boulder canyon) all near by. Just had some rocks slide down and move on die trying so trail is different than last year. Get out here and run some stuff.

Back