• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Rocks....ROCKS!!

riverfever

NAXJA Forum User
We drove up for the Big Head Todd and the Monsters show last night. HOLY CRAP!! It was my first time seeing them and being at Red Rocks. I was totally blown away. Ya know...back when I was racing the silly mountain bike and travelling with that deal...I sure missed a lot in that 10 year span. I didn't do anything if it didn't involve those 2 wheels or act to directly improve that area/dream.

The views of Denver, the rocks, the acoustics....I could go on. And there was a full moon. We're going to check out Social Distortion in July. Big Head Todd is playing at a place in Denver called the Paramount on New Years Eve. We'd like to check that out. Who's been there? What's it like? Thanks.

-river

Hey, my wife and I are hitting the Social Distortion show as well. Let's down a few before the show.

the Paramount has more of a theatre/play-type setting, very nice building however I always felt too nice to hold any kind of rock show. I don't know how many it holds, perhaps a couple thousand? I have seen a few shows there, Tom Waits, Ben Folds, Elvis Costello, Natalie Merchant and maybe a few others.

I used to head to the Paramount from Ft. Fun for a series of Jazz concerts sponsored by some guy whose name I can't recall to help pay for the renovation of the theatre. They would play at the Paramount and then go to the guys house for a private show. Basically consisted of all the name jazz musicians alive at the time. Got to see the first time the dual pipe organ got used in a jazz duet. I believe it is the only or one of the only dual pipe organs left in the country.

I saw the Dead at Redrocks. There is NOTHING like a Dead concert at Redrocks.
Trite but true.

Fred

I saw a picture of the Dead when they played at Red Rocks while I was in the visitors center. I bet that was an incredible show.

Idiot Wind said:
Hey, my wife and I are hitting the Social Distortion show as well. Let's down a few before the show.

x3

My wife and I will be getting there early too. Make sure you don't miss the Supersuckers opening though, they're one of our favs.

-Joe

Any interest in meeting Idiot Wind and I with our better halves in the parking lot for a beer or few?

I'll be in one of my white ones. Either the 96 with a bunch of fishing stickers on it or a clean 01. Both have NAXJA stickers. I'll PM you after I get with Idiot Wind and get details but I know him and I were planning on hanging out.

We're going to be leaving longmont around 2 so we should be getting up there around 3:00-3:30ish to get a good parking spot and tailgate a bit. Don't know if I'll either be my red xj with NAXJA sticker or a red jetta and have a beer in my hand, but I think I should recognize you and your ride Chris.

This is me from the Chinaman's trip to jog your memory-->
14.jpg

Oh ummmm.....yeah.....I didn't know you were THAT guy. We're not going. :viking:

We'll be there. I gottsta get with that Idiot Wind character sometime soon and figure out what his deal is. I'll be looking for you. We should be in mine but we might be in the pimpin' 01. It's got a really tall BB and 30's with a bike rack on top. It does have a NAXJA sticker and it's tampon white.

Back