• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Y-Link Kit???

poppasmurf15

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here have any experience with the new Rubicon Expresa Y-Link Steering Kit?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rubicon-express/heavy-duty-y-link-steering-kit-jeep-wrangler-tj

It looks like a copy of the Currie setup but with Moog PS Tie Rod ends, which my wallet will appreciate since they are available off the shelf at any auto parts store for a reasonable price. The Currie stuff is $80 shipped...ouch.

I know Currie is the tired and true, but this looks like good stuff here, but I want to know if any guinie pigs here have taken the leap and seen if it’s living up to the hype

I personally prefer the y link if you are doing highway speeds and want to maintain proper Ackerman geometry. The tie rod directly connecting left and right wheels has just caused more problem than it’s solved in most cases unless you just run trails. Then I understand it’s advantages.

Just trying to justify a Currie purchase since their are 2 other players on the market now. Being able to buy a tie rod end in the middle of nowhere would be nice for a y link setup

The reason why nobody complains about the Currie is they make their own ends.

Synergy has a knock off too, there were a lot of complaints about tie-rod roll at the intersection joint until they started making their own end there too. "A single plane tie rod end is now included at the knuckle end of the Drag Link to prevent unwanted misalignment (flop) of the steering system."

The stock setup uses a custom forged rod at that end as well.

If there was an off-the-shelf Moog TRE that had a workable casting everybody would have done it already.

Just trying to justify a Currie purchase since their are 2 other players on the market now. Being able to buy a tie rod end in the middle of nowhere would be nice for a y link setup

My XJ's Currie steering has at least 100,000 miles on it and it's still tight and straight.
Even my wife and her friends have been unable to bend it.
No complaints.

Back