• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JeepsNeeds SAM 2 OR D-LA, anyone use either?

It looks like a good idea.

You might also try looking for feedback from the Expo crowd.

But not at that price!

To limited by placement and terrain. Who changes a tire with a Hi-Lift? I carry a 60" Hi-Lift and on decent terrain I can barely get a tire off the ground by the time the suspension un-loads. I can have 20x the pick points just using a few feet of chain.

Good points and I should have clarified. This will be serving double duty, one for the XJ with a 3 inch lift (might go 4 but staying t 31s) with recovery points all around and sliders to lift up on and my daily driver truck which has no hi lift Jack points but has a front hitch with d ring mount. My truck is only 2wd and loves getting stuck so need a way to Jack up the front end and rear end to put traction mats under the wheels. I have the lift mate but thought this might make the job a bit quicker.

Good points and I should have clarified. This will be serving double duty, one for the XJ with a 3 inch lift (might go 4 but staying t 31s) with recovery points all around and sliders to lift up on and my daily driver truck which has no hi lift Jack points but has a front hitch with d ring mount. My truck is only 2wd and loves getting stuck so need a way to Jack up the front end and rear end to put traction mats under the wheels. I have the lift mate but thought this might make the job a bit quicker.

Maybe its' driver needs to learn how & where to drive.........

:nono:

Where would be the fun in that? Plus the more I get stuck the more evidence I have to convince my wife I need a new truck.

ok..................

seriously tho, in high school & shortly thereafter, I use to have fun with my buddies in their big 4wds....I'd go the same places they did, but while they were in 4wd, I was in my toyota in 2wd 95% of the time.

And the again a few years back out at the hunting property....I'd go all over, including driving across cutovers/logged out parcels, all in 2wd with my 88 cherokee (I did put a locking rear diff in it & some 29" mud tires on it), when they had trouble in a lot of places on the roads out there in their bigger trucks even in 4wd......

Knowing what you can & can't do, as well as where your tires are & what they are rolling over, is a big plus...............

Last edited:
ok..................

seriously tho, in high school & shortly thereafter, I use to have fun with my buddies in their big 4wds....I'd go the same places they did, but while they were in 4wd, I was in my toyota in 2wd 95% of the time.

And the again a few years back out at the hunting property....I'd go all over, including driving across cutovers/logged out parcels, all in 2wd with my 88 cherokee (I did put a locking rear diff in it & some 29" mud tires on it), when they had trouble in a lot of places on the roads out there in their bigger trucks even in 4wd......

Knowing what you can & can't do, as well as where your tires are & what they are rolling over, is a big plus...............

Agreed. But how does one gain such knowledge without getting stuck a time or two?

I like those JeepNeeds products but they are just too expensive. I mean that is the same cost as a whole Hi Lift Jack! I have decent enought lifting points on my Jeep and also carry a bottle jack. I don't see a critical need for them given the price

The DLA looks like a good addition to the Hi Lift. I've used my Hi Lift in a few places nothing else worked.

Back