• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jagoffs in the parking lot

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
How many here have ever seen a car taking 2 spaces in a busy parking lot, and they're sitting within the first 5 rows? I went to Wally World yesterday with my wife and 9 day old baby. I saw a new Nissan Altima taking up 2 spaces. But because my Cherokee didn't follow the bigger is better mantra, I noticed there was still enough space to squeeze in next to him. There wasn't room to get out on my wife's side so I let her out and pulled in. I was touching the next space over with just about half of a front tire. Half an hour later I hear over the loud speaker "Will the owner of a black Jeep Cherokee license # blah blah blah, please come move your car?" I just knew it was the idiot and he couldn't get into his car now. The vehicle on the other side of me had enough space to get in easily. I get out there and sure enough it is him and he gives me some trash about Didn't you think of me? And he's got a bad leg so he's gotta park close. I told him to think of others and park out farther back if he's that worried he needs 2 spaces. But his "bad leg" (which consisted of some scratches and a bruise on his calf) precluded him walking long distances. So, anyways, I get in and start up my Cherokee and back out, all the while under his watchful eye to make sure I don't scratch his car, and he decides to take his time getting in and making a phone call, etc. So when another car left I jut parked there and he said something else about this not being my place, and I told him its not his either he has no right, yet he persisted in saying it was his right to park however he wants, and said something that sounded like a threat...I've always loved taking that half space from people who feel the need to protect their car that isn't worth much anyways. I pardon vehicles like Porsche and such as they usually have the sense to park far away from where the spaces are going to be hotly contested...Ok I'm done. Stepping down now to allow others to call me an @$$hole or agree...:soapbox:

hasta

i agree with you. He's a DICK that can't park his car. Bum leg my ass...he's lazy. Probably didn't want to ding his CHEVETTE.

I know somebody like that. He owns a 1990 camaro v6 automatic and he calls it a classic sports car. We live in the same apt. complex and he parks it taking up two spaces but instead of just pulling in the middle he pulls in diagonall. If I see him when its parked like that I tell him I dont know why parks like that its a peice of crap and hes an idiot for parking like that and I know its a peice of crap cause I do most of the work on it. I have put a new engine in it and rebuilt the transmission when there were only 110,00 on the car.

I park my XJ holding up 2 spaces every mall i go to, but no one complains. Am i an ass or what? :looser:

I hate asshats who do that. It really ****ed me off when they do it at my school since parking is so limited there. Its always the ricer punks too. If I didn't think I'd get expelled or sued for it one of their Hondas or Scions would have an unfortunate incident with a tow strap.

The idea of using them as a ramp to check for my shock lengths has occured to me a few times, when I come across a civic with a 5" exhaust tip parked diagonaly accross two spaces. Especially when I have to park a half of a mile away from my classes.

Yeah, I try to park as close as possible to a**holes like that. I love how they try to put the blame on you. Hell, I'm usually a good foot in my spot, it's them who is over. I don't mind it when there are plenty of spaces available and they are out away from the buildings, but to park like that close by is annoying.

-Copperhead

CW said:
The idea of using them as a ramp to check for my shock lengths has occured to me a few times, when I come across a civic with a 5" exhaust tip parked diagonaly accross two spaces. Especially when I have to park a half of a mile away from my classes.

When I see a diagonal parker like that I've been known to call the police and say 'this guy was weaving all over the parking lot, I think he's drunk' and then give the license plate, car and location. Cops usually show up in less than 5 min then park and wait.... once I was right :D

yeah before my jeep i had a civic with a bunch of work done to it. call it rice if you want but you could hardly tell it from stock except for its lowered stance. i sunk all the money into the engine so the body was completely stock giving a clean "JDM" (japanese domestic market=the hip rage now) look. if I did double space park, it was always in the back of the lot. if someone is stupid enough to believe that double parking while up front to take care of their beater is a good idea, then they dont deserve a nice car. they do deserve a bad leg though...

Once the doofus got into his car; I would have then just pulled back into the parking spot, and gone back into Wally World....

At that point, his only option would have been to leave, and you would still have your parking spot..... :viking:

I guess I am an oddball and would just try to avoid conflict by shaking my head and moving on to a spot I could park in. I guess I do think of the other guy. I think maybe he might be the type of person to punch my tires or slip K-Y under my door handles. ;)

I'm not the one with the wife and baby but I usually park far away if I can help it. I don't mind and sometimes enjoy walking. If all the spots are taken and someone parks bad, I usually make it know somehow though.:dunce:

i used to park really close to those guys in the school parking lot till some one doored the back of my jeep just past the gas cap. i park as close as i can at school but at wal mart and stuff im in the last row

It's times like those I wish I still had my beat up, rusted out, badly faded Lebaron or Dad's equally beat up '62 Plymouth Fury with a nice, big, home made towbar on the front end. I'd probably have pulled back in next to him while he's chatting it up, and make him nice and nervous with :twak: one of those two. :twak:

With the rattle can paint job, tons of dents scratches, and the most mangeled together custom bumper people just stay away from my jeep. The key is to have a vehical so ugly beat up and mean that people wont even argue with you. If it were me I would just gone out there to see whats up then write his license plate number down incase he pulled any shit on my jeep, then left.

I wrote his plate # down right from the get go in case he did something and was able to get in and drive off. In hindsight, I should've reported a double parked vehicle to the front desk when I heard them call my vehicle over the intercom. They may have had a different opinion afterwards...

My way of dealing with jerk-offs like that is to hawk a big loogie on their vehicle.I know its a little childish but it makes me feel a little better.If they really **** me off I make sure to hawk it on the door handle. :)
Jeff

I take up two spaces when I can, basically because I hate people that dont respect my stuff. I only do that if the lot is big enough and I park in the furthest row away. Last year my Jeep looked mint, now it looks like crap because of careless people. This includes a hit and run in a parking lot last month that left me with a caved in door. I hear what your saying though, it is annoying when people park that close and do that

Dean

Back