• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driving it??

always_eating_mud

NAXJA Forum User
so far i have the back end of my truck done, i do not have the t case in yet, or the front but i might have to drive it for 10 minutes to this guys house, would it be safe? would i mess something up bad like the t case or driveshaft or something, and do i ABSOLUTLY need the t case drop? i have it, but if its not needed then well no need to put it in, since i heard puttin them in can be a p.i.t.a. by the way its a 4.5 inch rough country lift

you dont have the t-case in yet or the t-case drop...? I have a 3.5 in lift and I have no drop, didnt install it. Its completely dependant on the jeep. For such a short drive I woudl say its ok. I drove mine with just the rear end lift installed and it was fine. It shouldnt mess anything up. You may get driveline vibs, you may even get them with the t-case drop. What year is the Jeep? If you have a newer XJ you may need to get an SYE for 4.5 in. Personally with a 4.5 I woudl def recomend the t-case drop, but take it for a drive after the install is done and see how it rides, if its good, try at highway speed, if still good, then your good.. if not.. well.. get to work on the drop. The only thing that could pose a problem as far as I can see is the vibs. Like I said though, i know people who had 3 in of lift and got vibs, and I have 3.5 w/ none... completely depends on your Jeep.

wait a sec. your sayin you did the rear lift right?
are you also saying that you dont have the transfer case in, or the t case DROP in?
if you dont have your transfer case in i dont see you going any where lol
but it its the drop your worried about id say youll be ok for a 20 minute total, though it may be weird and maybe even dangerous to drive with the uneven heights.

my .02

disconnect the swaybar end links, disconnect the track bar at the axle end.....slowly lower the axle down while being carefull not to rip the brake lines......swap out coils (easier if you have a coild spring compressor).

if you are also replacing the control arms, do them one at a time.

Back