• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I was driving around.....

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
.....the western slope of the Wa Cascades, and it's hard to find any rocks sticking out of the mulchy forest floor. Specifically, I've been all around the I-90 corridor to well past Ellinsburg. The East side seems to have more potential.

Are there any hard-core rock trails in this state? Where do you guys go for your rock crawling fix?

CRASH

There are quite a number of places with enough rocks to make you happy. Yeah, you will not find them like at Moab, AZ, NM, or So Cal, but we have plenty of rocks. You can pick almost any trail. Yes, there is dirt and mud in between the rocks...... but I have never heard or seen a shortage of rocks on the west side. ;)

The East side can be fun too. Lots of open area, a few off road parks. As with any place, be sure it is legal to go on that property.

Hard core is what you make it. I always heard Santiagos Revenge was hard core, but when I drove all the way to So Cal to do it, it was easy. So I guess it depends what you call hardcore?

Come to NW fest this Sat and Sun.Off hwy 410 mile post 92-93 Kaner Flat campground be there by 9:30 Sat morning ,I`ll put with a group.

There`s not enough time this weekend for Rimrock ,but the Kaner Flat trail to Menashtash Ridge then part of Shoestring Lake to the Rock Garden below Menashtash where you have to watch for the stacked and painted rocks to get back to a trail. Then take a couple hour trail out to the Funny/Moon Rock area.OOPs forgot the hunk of rock trail Hans found 2 weeks ago and I did a 2 and a half tires on the ground 2 years ago.
There is some rock competition down by tri cities this weekend.
There isn`t to much for rocks off I 90 ,there is some good trails.

JAGx1414 said:
yea i checked it out its seems awesome! im not a member yet how can i get into this

Pay your membership dues at the event or at least get sponsored by a member who hasn't already invited someone.

Thanks for the invite guys, I've been keeping tabs on NWFest for months, but business in Canada prevents me attending, or I'd be there for sure.

I'll make it to a NW event eventually, if only to kick Red and EcksJay's ass.....

CRASH said:
I'll make it to a NW event eventually, if only to kick Red and EcksJay's ass.....

Do you need anyone to hold them?
We can make it a blanket party. Everyone is invited, just bring your own soap in a sock. :) :firedevil

XJourney said:
Do you need anyone to hold them?
We can make it a blanket party. Everyone is invited, just bring your own soap in a sock. :) :firedevil

Normally I think I'd be scared...but in this case I'm not really worried.

Oddly enough.

:)

CRASH said:
Thanks for the invite guys, I've been keeping tabs on NWFest for months, but business in Canada prevents me attending, or I'd be there for sure.

I`ll give you a $1 hasta you have to get him off the pc first.

Back