• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV Friday headcount....

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Two weeks away, can't wait!

OK so far I have from the SoCal crew: Curtis, Andy Couch, Ed Stevens, Mike Rollins, Goatman.

Nor-Cal: Gary Evans, me, Jes, and potentially Matt.

My question is, who's showing up on Friday night? I need to plan on how much meat to bring for a pig in the ground party. I know Paul Sinclair has been really begging me to do this for a while, so I'm sure once he reads this, he'll drop his other priorities just to be there for the suckling boar........

Also, where do we want to camp? Up before the main camp, where Garry and Blaine usually hang? Looks like the Nor-Cal boys will get there first (ironically), so I want to plant myself in a good spot and not have to move if the rest of the group has other preferances. Personally, I'm thinking of camping up near the mailbox...... :D

CRASH

Yeah, it's two weeks from this coming weekend, April 11-13.

So, you're going to try and cook another boar's butt? I'll be there Friday night, should I bring something to add to the feast or are you NorCal guys providing the groceries? :)

We'll camp at our normal spot up the road, just before the big gulley, not down on the lake bottom.

So, Andy, are you guys still planning to be there Thursday night?

Richard

Yeah, we'll be there about 9 or 10 pm on Thursday night.

The boars butt will be accompanied by tortillas and rice and beans. Kind of an old-school carnitas thing.

CRASH

One of my old racing friends plans to ride along and spot, and I have to pick him up in Duarte late Friday afternoon. Then drive to Big Bear to pickup the XJ and air up the tires (the XJ is stored in BB).

We will probably show up Saturday AM. The beds in the BB house, at 9PM, will likely look more inviting than Boone Road sand.

Never mind the mailbox, I'm bunking with Ed!

CRASH

Between Mil's carne asada & Andy's wild boar, how can I miss this one. I'll be there, arriving Friday morning or Friday afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Paul

CRASH said:
Never mind the mailbox, I'm bunking with Ed!

CRASH

There is always room. It's less than 40 minutes from Means Lake at less than legal speeds.

Paul S said:
Between Mil's carne asada & Andy's wild boar, how can I miss this one. I'll be there, arriving Friday morning or Friday afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Paul

Can't wait to see the "Stinkey Amoeba"(or is it Amiba?). :D

Jes

Curtis,

I hope to be done with Sledge by about 1pm, if we get an early start. Looks like we'll have only 3 or 4 rigs running the early Friday run, then we'll come back to camp and start a cookout. Get an early dinner, and then back out for more fun.

CRASH

Pauls a vegaterian

Why would he want Boars Butt and Carne asada :confused1 :dunno:. Paul, have you finally seen the light or is it that we are just such great cooks that you can't resist.
I will more than likely be out there Thursday nite. I don't know when Bret will show up. He has Fridays off but he's been being very lazy lately.
I have a new 3 burner stove and griddle ready for cookin on these trips now. we need to start looking into dutch oven cooking next.
We might not have some of the best looking rigs but we sure know how to eat right.
:D :party: :cheers: :clap: :confused1 :wave1:

I think our gastric delights have turned him to the Dark Side.

Are you calling my rig ugly?

CRASH

sluice2.jpg

Actually, I plan on bringing Cole (my dog), I'll give him my portion of boar & carne asada. I'll have Sushi as usual.
Andy, your junk is pretty ugly, but at least it's not an Ameba.
Paul

Okay, is it amiba, amoeba, ameoba, or ameba?
And, howmany of you know what we're talking about?!? :D

Jes

So, we're talking about doing a real night run.....after dinner? How about Big Johnson, that's about the shortest trail out there. I was thinking about finding someone to run a trail with late afternoon, like 5:00, but now I don't want to miss the pig so we'll do a real night run. Better fix my cigarette adapter night work light. :D

I'm still figuring on Saturday that one group will run Wreaking Ball and one group will run Clawhammer, so we can meet at the top. We'll figure out when we get there who wants to run what.

I might be riding along with someone if I don't have some rock lights on by then. Coming down Jackhammer last time at night was no easy task, I couldn't see anything. But then again, maybe that was a good thing? :D

Jes

Back