• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flingshot's MJ Maiden voyage

flingshot

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to take the MJ camping for a one night shake down somewhere close.

After having Father's Day fun with my precious girls, I received a Hall Pass (not the good kind) and took off about 3pm Sunday night.

I checked the forecast and knew I was in for a wet night but was well prepared and elected to go for it.

I brought along my trusty yet hairy companion, Bandit, The Wonder Dog.

1000000004.JPG

He couldn't get comfortable in the little truck....

1000000003.JPG

Found a great campsite near the Bunce School.

1000000007.JPG

Thanks for the kitchen table Troy. Jetboil FTW!

1000000011.JPG

Just a beautiful afternoon but the weather had something else in mind for later.

1000000016.JPG

1000000019.JPG

The fire pit was still warm when I got there and there was cut wood laying all around. Didnt take long to get her going.

1000000024.JPG

Overnight, we were in a pretty nasty T-storm and the poor dog was freaking out. No hail but tons of rain. I was worried all night that we werent going to make it up the hill I came down to get to the site.

I have a video clip of the storm from inside the tent that I will try to load later.

At one point the lightning was so bad we headed for the MJ and as is always the case, it was over a few minutes later so we got wet for nothing.

The rest of the night it rained steady but the lightning had passed, Bandit finally let me get some sleep.

1000000028.JPG

Woke up to a light rain and decided I had better sieze the opportunity to break down the camp. No pics until we made it to the truck.

1000000032.JPG

Soon it stopped raining and it was a great morning to be in the mountains.

1000000035.JPG

Had to do it.

1000000037.JPG

Bandit wanted to go home.

1000000039.JPG

Drove home through Gold Hill, and the Four Mile burn area. I only took a couple of pics but the devistation was amazing. Even several months later.
1000000041.JPG

1000000044.JPG

So now I need to unpack, dry, clean, dehair and repack everything. Next time I ask for a "Hall Pass", I'm going to ask for two nights.

The MJ did great, no troubles at all. Got a long list of work to do and added a few things to that list on this trip.

Sorry no hard core wheeling pics, maybe someday.

you're right, it would look nice with a red 'nest...

Back