• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV pics from last weekend

BrettM said:
works for me, thanks for postin. the links and C/Os look great, but I can see how the coils were too light, they look DINKY!

did Paul drop the front of his hood down? the angle looks interesting

No on the hood, but it sure looks like it, we noticed the same this past weekend. It's because I don't have a windshield & therefore mounted the horizonal tube higher up the A pillar to tie it into the top of the hood/dash, etc., which also meant that it's a little lower on the front of the hood.

Paul

nice pics and so many shiny rims! Ron, you needed to have cracker attached to your passenger side to prevent the damage just like at BOTW You know how fat that bastage is getting these days. :)

Nice pic showing the front working better than i thought:
256798917303_0_BG.jpg

Maybe you need to clean the camera lense? :shocked:

-Mike

Damn Dave, your rig isn't as ugly as it used to be.

Mine took its place ;)

Looks real good

Some nice shots Dave. I forgot my camera at camp.

Are you happy with your rear link numbers?

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Some nice shots Dave. I forgot my camera at camp.

Are you happy with your rear link numbers?

--ron

It felt good on the trail. I didn't like the fall at all this time. Not sure if it was the soft springs. no overhang to stop going over backwards or to much flex.
New springs are on the way so hopefully that will help.

David Taylor said:
It felt good on the trail. I didn't like the fall at all this time. Not sure if it was the soft springs. no overhang to stop going over backwards or to much flex.

I'm starting to think the links and flex allow the rear to walk under the CG faster, as opposed to leafs, which seem to pull the chassis along to a certain extent at that angle.

It would be interesting to have put a limit strap on your rear and tried it again right away.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I'm starting to think the links and flex allow the rear to walk under the CG faster, as opposed to leafs, which seem to pull the chassis along to a certain extent at that angle.

It would be interesting to have put a limit strap on your rear and tried it again right away.

--ron

IIRC he had a center limit strap in the rear.

-Mike

I like the new body mods Mike.....maybe you should stick to the training wheel trails like clawhammer! Hahahahahaha :pirate1: :piratefla

PS.....Ive got a hood for you!

David Taylor said:

Add in some more AS? Leafs aren't neutral so why should links be?

Just now looking at the pics... I think I figured out why Ron fell back... not enough weight up front. AS its missing the heavy duty Crane Diff cover....
yup, I'm sure of it, thats why he flopped.:gee:

David Taylor said:

Dave, you're rig is looking sweet. Nice pictures. I dig the new dovetailing in the back. Nice high-clearance engineering. It was too much of a brick before. I think I even like it better then Paul's :D.

All you need now is some hand scews attatching some colored/tinted lexan/polycarb to finish it off. Like the Poison Spyder rigs...

http://www.spydercustoms.com/buggies/dsc01873.jpg
http://www.spydercustoms.com/buggies/dsc04183.jpg

Back