• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grin's Traitorous Titan

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I actually turned a wrench for fun this weekend, put a leveling kit on the Titan, and got it sitting like it should have been stock. Pics to follow when I'm not on my phone...

As it started -- stock on @31's (285/70r18):

added 2" billet aluminum spacers and new upper control arms (Rancho Shocks are stock on the Pro-4X:

Top is the stamped stock arm, bottom is the Rough Country replacement, which will clear the coil bucket with the spacer installed:

wheee:

Also added a 1" billet block in the rear, and now it sits as it should:

Front end took about 3 hours, rear 45 minutes... not bad I guess for an shadetree like me. It was nice to work on something new, no siezed bolts, disgusting undercarriage, etc. Some slightly larger tires are on order... will post up when they show up.

Very nice. I'm seriously considering getting a Titan when I'm truck shopping.

Wait for the 2016 in January witha 5.0 Cummins diesel...

That's my plan, well I have to wait until the Kia is paid for but I plan on shopping around at the selection of 1/2ton diesels coming out. The Titan w/ a Cummins is top of the list.

Looks good Chris. What wheels and tires you going to? I love the Titan and am scared to do anything to it cuz it rides so plush as is lol.

Ride didn't change any, but I still have my Billies if I want to soften it up a bit. Stock wheels and some 33.5 old MTR-knockoff retreads. Keeping it simple. Although my wife backed into a pole earlier this week, so it appears I will be building a rear bumper for it, along with the brush guard/winch mount I'm planning.

You going big old ranch hand style or more sleek pre-runner style?

neither, but simple. I picked up a 2" receiver from JD that I'll modify to be a front hitch. I'm going to tie that into a simple grille guard I got on CL for $20 from a early 80's cheby so that when I inevitably hit a deer by my house, the deer will take the brunt of the damgage. Out back I'll likely nearly replicate the stock bumper, with the hitch elevated a little, using 3x8 box, so next time Sheila backs into a pole, it will be the pole that moves...

I'm pretty sure there was a varmit living in the HVAC system at some point... this is how the cabin air filters came out -- I did not stack that crap on them, they came out that way! Amazing improvement in AC function, needless to say!

Si. It will look even better on Friday when I get my 35's on...

Glad I could help you spend your money! :D

Flores that's exactly my thought. I need to do new struts up front anyway so why not some lifted ones and bigger tars??? Lol.

You know, after you telling me that Cummins has found a home in the new Titans, I may have to postpone my immediate truck purchase in Texas.

Back