• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I really sold out this time

Honestly, minus driving up I-70 it does drive pretty damn good for a gutless pig. On HWY-119 through Nederland and along HWY-93 to Golden where the speed limits are lower you can easily pull the hills and stay under 4000rpm.

With the 35's and 4.10's I could do 60+ in 2nd gear under 4000rpm.

$hit. I forgot to mention I was climbing the E tunnel in second gear haha.. so no, not 50ish.. more like 40ish.

So my little brother and mom came into town to go camping/wheeling. I decided to try out Rock Creek for a camping site as I had seen some pretty good spots up there a month or so back when I ran that trail. Steve decided to tag along so that made a whopping two rigs (ok 3 if you can't my brother's stock WJ but it stayed parked at the camp site). We ran MSV/Coney after setting up camp, Mike joined us for that. Late in the evening (or was it early in the morning?) Steve and I donned our liquid helmets and ran Rock Creek in his XJ full bore. And then today we ran Miller Rock. It was a good trip and Rock Creek turned out the be a great area to camp.

A few of the camp site, it was nicely secluded and right next to a creek

The bridge you crossed to get to the site

Why do kids HAVE to get wet?

On MSV/Coney

More from MSV/Coney

We needed fire wood so we snagged 5 or 6 cut down sections we found on MSV/Coney. Then we had to cut them down and split them, this definitely killed a lot of time, but we got a lot of fire wood for our labor.

Traffic Jam on very narrow shelf road

Great trip over all, and best of all we had no break downs.

I had to modify the wheel well slightly to keep from rubbing on the 37's, I also trimmed back part of the bushwacker flares to keep them from hitting the tire too.

I also cut out some new sway bar end link tabs as I cut the factory ones off when I raised up the shock mounts.

Then I put together some new adjustable end links for the rear sway bar.

Not bad for a Monday afternoon.

Back