• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

feeler-POST axles(as a set) possibly for-sale

JLane99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
as said feeler post to try and decide should i sell my current junk and get a whole knew setup..
thinkin about something like tons & 4-links front & rear..

axles complete disc to disc. front & rear..
$2200.00

front is 1999 highpinion dana-30 spicer shafts and joints, superior 4.88s (less than 10k miles on gearing setup; professionally done) lock-right locker.
brakes are in decent shape (extended lines not included).
Frankie's Offroad Custom OTK steering (1.25dom 3/4x5/8heims & high mis-allignment bushings) customized RE-hd Trac-bar & bracket..
all bracketry clearenced for more travel.

rear is 1987 XJ dana-44 (stock shafts), superior 4.88s (less than 10k miles on gearing setup; professionally done), Detroit Tru-Trac-LSD, raised lower shock mounts (for clearence) zj-rear disc brake conversion, rotors and brakes in good shape..

$2200.00 not negotiable, all this junk is still under my XJ if i can't get what i'm askin i'll just keep it.. :)

oh yeah its location is AL and i don't inted to provide shipping, buyer will assume all responsibility to arrange shipping and payment

Good luck trying to sell it for that much. A closer price for that set up would be about 1K for the whole thing, but no way a D30 and D44 are worth 2200 no matter what they have in them or on them. A person can do the exact same thing you've done to include buying new axles for cheaper. Again, good luck.

the convinence of bolting in these axles should be worth the $$

first off thanks for your input but i beleive the price is fair

and if you built the same axles for $1000 then you really do deserve cudos for being the ultimate cheap-basturd

break-down of realistic $values

front-
stock d30-~$100
u-bolt type yoke $20
lock-right $200
4.88 r&p+$60install kit $250
gear installation $350

steering- oh & the dom dimension is acutally 1.5o.d.
otk parts $400

trac-bar-
rusty's relocation bracket $30
re hd bracket $85
re ex-duty trac-bar $175
(modifiying the trac-bar weldin ton the new bracket part of the $400 otk steering conversion)

rear- (if you find some tard selling a stock xj d44 for less than $250 you'd be lucky)
4.88 R&P+$60install kit $250
gear installation $300
detroit-trutrac $400
stock XJ dana44~$250
rear zj disc brake parts $100
rotors $60
new pads $30
relocated shock-mounts $30
u-bolt type yoke $20

you do the math...

i came up with about $2650

and i'm sure i've left off a few things but i'm within a few dollars of the actual cost of the whole shebang

so i tend to Strongly Disagree with you comments

but thanks for the input :)

Don't get me wrong, that's a great set up, especially for someone starting from stock and jumping right into 33's or 35's. I didn't mean to sound like a pric, so I appologize.

53guy said:
Don't get me wrong, that's a great set up, especially for someone starting from stock and jumping right into 33's or 35's. I didn't mean to sound like a pric, so I appologize.

no problem..

your feedback gave cause to make the breakdown of itemizing why i have it listed for $2200 feasible, otherwise i wouldn't have listed it in detail like that, so it actually may help draw some interest for someone wanting to do this type of upgrade..

i know myself that it looks like a big wad of $$
-but truthfully i spent it over the period of about a year,
part of that time the xj sat on jack stands in the drive way 1st with the rear axle at the gear shop, then while the front was getting regeared also.
so unless you're willing to have your vehicle down for a while this is the way to go, i would say the whole swap could be done over the course of 2 weekends with a standard tool set, maybe not saving a ton of $$ but definetly saving alot of time!!

Back