• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do with extra space under the hood?

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
I made an intake a few months ago that sits above the throttle body, so my airbox is gone. And now I have moved 2 batteries to the back (it's an MJ). So all in all, I now have a bunch of empty space under the hood, what should I do?

I already have a Sanden compressor converted to OBA
I have a ReadyWelder, so no need for an under-hood welder

hmmm...

ideas?

oh, and nothing too heavy (unless of course it's REALLY cool) cause part of the reason to move the batteries was to transfer some weight to the back of the front heavy MJ.

electric-fan cooled trany and oil cooler combo unit?? i'm trying hard to find room under the hood for that..
mike

hmm, my rear bumper is already an air tank, 2-3 gallons, seems to be all I need

the tranny cooler is a good idea, I was thinking of mounting that under the bed though where it wouldn't face under-hood temps.

thanks!

keep 'em comin guys

1) U could make a couple stainless steal boxes put them in there with a hinged lid for warming up dinner wail wheeling on the trail.
2) extra winshiel washer bottles
3) RPG launcher for the cats that just dont pay atention to the rear view mirror.
4) Storage for recovery gear/spares/extra fluids

Thats all i got

WIll

i'll consider the food warmer... maybe an on-board shower too...?

I have heard over and over that aftermarket ignition modules are no better than stock, plus I don't really spend money on horsepower, just on suspension, axles and gearing.

mad maXJ said:
I made an intake a few months ago that sits above the throttle body, so my airbox is gone. And now I have moved 2 batteries to the back (it's an MJ). So all in all, I now have a bunch of empty space under the hood, what should I do?

I already have a Sanden compressor converted to OBA
I have a ReadyWelder, so no need for an under-hood welder

hmmm...

ideas?

oh, and nothing too heavy (unless of course it's REALLY cool) cause part of the reason to move the batteries was to transfer some weight to the back of the front heavy MJ.

Wow just what I want to do with my MJ. I'm planning the duel bats in the back and using a york for air and not sure what type of welder setup yet.

I've got a couple potential ideas for demand water heaters that could go underhood... As far as the flux capacitor, skip that and go for an Oscillation Overthruster.

I also like the idea of the warmer underhood - sounds like something I'd do myself once I get the battery relocated.

Makes a good place to keep your jumper cables, too...

5-90

i think I'll keep my jumper cables in the back since that's where the batterys are ;)

i think i'll skip the flux capacitor and the oscillation overthruster, as much as I would like them, I think I need an auxillary cooler for my blinker fluid more, and maybe a place to store my extra muffler bearings. :D

I like the food warmer idea, but I'm wondering how much I would actually use it... If I'm camping or stopping on the trail for lunch, I have an invertor and a little George Foreman grill :cool:

On board rice cooker.

On board french frier.

Belt driven blender, with A/C clutch for control.

Microwave oven.

Hot tub.

CRASH

Do you have any pics of the ammo box mounted in the back. I just finished running all my new cables to the back for the battery. And I was just wondering how much room it actually takes up.

By the way, I redid all of the wiring. I used 4 2/0 cables from the battery in the back a front distribution block. 2 are for Jeep power, the other 2 is for the winch. Replaced the altinator with 4 gauge to a 175 amp fuse, from the block to ground 2/0, from starter to dist. 2/0, from dist. to black box 2 ga.

Hopefully I wont be having any power issues.

Trevorxj said:
Do you have any pics of the ammo box mounted in the back. I just finished running all my new cables to the back for the battery. And I was just wondering how much room it actually takes up.

By the way, I redid all of the wiring. I used 4 2/0 cables from the battery in the back a front distribution block. 2 are for Jeep power, the other 2 is for the winch. Replaced the altinator with 4 gauge to a 175 amp fuse, from the block to ground 2/0, from starter to dist. 2/0, from dist. to black box 2 ga.

Hopefully I wont be having any power issues.
? starter to distributor, start relay, or aftermarket dist block?

Back