• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTT Restomod 1968 Chevrolet C10 for XJ or TJ

spazzyfry123

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting my 1968 Chevrolet C10 up for sale. It's a fantastic truck and I drive it anywhere and everywhere. Putting it up for sale as it's just a garage sitter and weekend/nice day cruiser... Here is just a quick and brief overview of what has been done to the truck to give you an idea. Of course with it being 40+ years old, there has been plenty of things done to the truck and the list would go on for days with all of the little parts that have been replaced.

Again, this was a frame-off restoration done a little while ago with the intentions of still driving it. Since the restoration about 30,000 miles have been put on it. When you look under the truck, the restoration shows. It is spotless even with its driving.

Suspension:
  • Lowered 5" up front via drop spindles and springs
  • Lowered 7" out back via springs
  • Converted to a "Fat Man" type front end with 5 lug and disc brakes (still drum in the rear)
  • Power brakes
  • Power steering
  • Just recently aligned
  • Staggered 15" steelies off a GMC (I want to say 6" and 8" wide... May be 8" and 10")
  • Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S tires staggered 215/75 and 265/75 for cruisin'

Drivetrain:
  • Worked over 350 with healthy cam, heads, 4 barrel carb, intake, headers, full exhaust dumped under bed, full MSD ignition, etc... General things you would do to a 350 without really getting into the internals
  • Turbo 350 trans
  • Custom driveshaft w/loop
  • 12 bolt rear w/highway gear
  • Fuel cell mounted under the bed

Interior:
  • Black carpet and floormats
  • Leather two-tone bucket seats
  • Matching dash
  • Steering wheel from a GMC (still has GMC center cap)
  • Still utilizes the factory gauges for everything
  • Center console
  • Tilt wheel (very hard to find)
  • "New" radio with iPod hookup
  • Speaker "box" behind the seats where the fuel tank used to be... two speakers hidden
  • Heat/air fan
  • Floor vents

Exterior:
  • All trim pieces have been replaced
  • All weather stripping has been replaced
  • Sportier era-correct mirrors
  • Bed-liner
  • Rear wheel wells have been tubbed out
  • Essentially an all factory look, but all new parts

Awards:
  • Has won various car show awards including "best in class", "best truck", "best driver" (I actually drove this truck on a daily basis back and forth from work - about a 90 mile round trip - for a while) among others
  • Most recently won "Ride of the Month" on my local car club's forum "Muscle Car Evolution"

Again, there is a ton of things I am leaving out, but I want to get the big items out of the way.

It took me a LONG time to find this '68. I've been on the search for a '68 that's worth a damn for who knows how long and I finally found this one. '67s and '68s are the best looking Chevy trucks in my opinion, but it is so difficult to find an actual year model one. Majority of the finds are '69-'72 with the front clip from a '68 put on... But this is a TRUE 1968 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside Shortbed. To add more to its luster, I do have the actual title for it in my name as well.

Excuse some of the pictures... Some were taken while it was dirty or with my phone or pollinated...

7aa3e027.jpg

b89da6e6.jpg

P1010050.jpg

e380b738.jpg

529b30cd.jpg

8db8e858.jpg

a816fce9.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010010.jpg

And to give you a different idea of what it looked like when the 20s were on it...
4f66140f.jpg

Quick video with my phone...

I will work on getting some motor pictures soon along with overall better quality pictures.

The truck is not 100% perfect. Things of interest:
There are a couple spots you can see where the previous owner hit a scratch with touch-up paint
A ding in the middle of the bed right below the back glass with a scuff in the paint at that area
An ever-so-slight bubble in the paint above the right-rear wheel
No E-brake
Hazards do not work (blinkers DO)
Reverse lights do not work (never been a concern to me so never tracked it down)
Horn is not wired
Cigarette lighter is there, just not wired

Aside from that...Spot on truck. Body is straight as can be and in fantastic condition. Everything on the truck functions as it should from the high beams on the floor to the factory tilt wheel and blinkers and cabin light.

The truck has been appraised by my insurance company for $20,000 (and this is from the guys that have to pay out should something happen to it!). NADA gives it a value as a "20 footer" for $18,065. There has been a LOT of money put into this truck to get it to this stage. Nothing but the best parts have been used and everything has been done right. I get compliments and thumbs up every time I drive it... And man does the cam hit hard
biggrin.gif
Surprisingly enough with the Turbo 350 and what has been done to the motor, I still average about 15 or so MPG with me driving it as a toy.

If you have any questions regarding the truck, don't hesitate to get in touch with me. With work, E-mail is the best form of contact [email protected] or PM me through here.

Really looking for another Jeep to get around in. Depending on what the offer is, cash on top may be needed. Not really interested in anything too radical.

Thanks!
-Tyler

I can't imagine any XJ or TJ being worth anything close to 18k without it being radical. Hella nice truck though - if I thought my XJ was close to being worth something to trade, I'd trade it to you.

Not looking for $18k. To be more realistic, really looking for like a $8k-$10k rig and a couple-few grand on top. I've probably had 5 or so Jeeps within recent years... I love 'em!

Thanks! Everyone wants it, just not enough to have in their garage evidently. If nothing happens soon, I'm taking the drivetrain out of this and putting it into my RX7 and put my LS1 into this.

I've got my next vehicle sitting right here under my nose. I will make someone a RIDICULOUS deal. Ludicrous even. Like what the XXXX cheap.

Any under hood shots? Any before shots?

My first truck was a 68 chevy. Stepside. Lowered, tubbed, narrowed etc. Would love to get back in one... Nice ride!

~ James

James,
Sorry for the delayed response; I've been out of town for the past week. I don't have any of the before as I bought the truck already restored.

Here are some more shots:
SNB10517.jpg

SNB10757.jpg

SNB10755.jpg

SNB10754.jpg

SNB10753.jpg

SNB10752.jpg

SNB10751.jpg

SNB10750.jpg

SNB10749.jpg

SNB10748.jpg

f93776ff.jpg