• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Fest is on.

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Come one, come all.

The dates are reserved, Wed night, 7/24 through Sun morning, 7/28. Check in time is 2 PM, check out is 11 AM. Stop in at the office and check in with Cathy, and pay for number of nights x people in group. I don't have a price yet, I'd expect it to be in the range of $11/person/night. Come for the whole time, or for just a night. We do need to average 10 people per night. I covered the deposit, it will just come off of my charges to the stay. I will be there Wed afternoon thru Sunday morning, along with Zac, and probably Nancy.

Trails tend to be decided the morning of the run. Wheeler, or Holy Cross are best decided before the day of. I'm sure Chinaman's is on the agenda.

No plans as yet for a dinner or a raffle.

I still need the BOD to start a thread in the NAXNA Events section. I can't post there. Once a thread is started, I can add the info.

Request submitted.

I am most likely going to show up I’m in a 98 blue XJ open and locked in the rear on 33s. Would trying chinamans be something that would be doable for my rig? I would also be interested in trying holy cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am most likely going to show up I’m in a 98 blue XJ open and locked in the rear on 33s. Would trying chinamans be something that would be doable for my rig? I would also be interested in trying holy cross.

Sliders? Recovery points?

I ran Holy Cross with 33's. Managed to slide off the trail at a point where we were all going, huh? Had to be yanked, spinning tires would have had sliding way down. I had to use both lockers on one obstacle, but I don't think I hit the line very well. You won't be able to cross the river and run to the end. I parked at the river, and that was with low water. I'd expect all creeks to be running deep this summer.

Where is this? Im i Loveland and new to the CO Jeep scene... Near springs or?

I ran holy cross about 7 or so years ago on 33s and locked in the rear and made it all the way to holy cross city. I do know that overtime trails change though

Yay you can run trails with me :roflmao:

:D

I ran holy cross about 7 or so years ago on 33s and locked in the rear and made it all the way to holy cross city. I do know that overtime trails change though

Last time I ran HC it wasn't THAT bad. The only part that might be a little bit of a challenge would be the just across French Creek.

Your rig should be fine for pretty much anything in BV, with some things being a hair more challenging than others. Carnage is no longer on the list, so that bring the overall challenge average much much lower.

I ran it last year locked in the rear and on 33's. The French creek area was a challenge but I made it after several attempts and good spotting. We didn't make it much further than that as a pair of broken JKs were being towed out and we didn't want to get stuck behind them all day.

I have run Chinamans twice without two many issues (ripped out a front brake hardline) and Iron Chest twice without incident (but it can be more challenging when it rains).

:D

Last time I ran HC it wasn't THAT bad. The only part that might be a little bit of a challenge would be the just across French Creek.

Your rig should be fine for pretty much anything in BV, with some things being a hair more challenging than others. Carnage is no longer on the list, so that bring the overall challenge average much much lower.

I’m anxious to see the carnage expansion. Should be pretty rad.

I’m in for holy cross. I’ll do just that trail if I have to. Never been and want the taco up it.

Back