• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2010 Recap

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The new year is just around the corner, lets post up our highlights from this year. Whether they're Jeep related or not, post your pictures and stories.

Here's my top five memorable trips from 2010.

Feb: My annual birthday wheeling trip to TSF. Huge turnout, fun trails, good obstacles, great people.
IMG_0082.jpg

Mar: With the poor excuse of a winter we got early in the year, the annual Hypothermia run had been rescheduled for Evans Creek. I made a long day trip up there, and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable wheeling days of the year.
IMG_0015.jpg

Apr: Our poor excuse of winter did bring some pretty good snow during April. I made a weekday night run out with Ruger81 and PainIntheA$$89. The snow was absolutely perfect. It packed well, but at the same time it was light enough to allow you to blast through it. The adrenaline level when snow is coming over your hood is unforgettable.
IMG_0002.jpg

Aug: TSF summer camp out. Really enjoyable trip, we had a good turnout, and did some awesome wheeling. I think I partially totaled my Jeep on that run. It's never really been the same since.
IMG_0128.jpg

Oct: I was selected to be a part of the BFGoodrich Outstanding Trail program for the Yacolt Burn. A small group of us gave some "VIP's" a tour of the future Yacolt Burn ORV area. It was a very surreal day. Four Wheeler and 4WD magazine were out with us, so keep an eye out for an article.
IMG_0052.jpg

Overall it was a pretty good year. Looking forward to what 2011 will bring.

Started the year by selling my baby, to get ready for a real baby:

DSC_6402.jpg

With that gone, I bought a really lame Cherokee:

IMG_0116.jpg

Then I spent a few months fixing it, and making it look less gay, then took it out in 100% stock form to NW-Fest:

noclearance.jpg

naches.jpg

After realizing open/open with passenger tires wasn't what I was after, Eric (dellstopjeep) and I, bought this for $1600 to rob parts off of:

IMG_0082.jpg

When all was said and done, we had taken all the good parts off and kept them, then sold what was left. We actually made a profit! So I got a free set of geared and locked axles. I dropped a grand on wheels and tires, and was ready for my favorite run, the Thanksgiving TSF run!

thanksgivingtsf.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Thanks to my campaigning I was elected to the position on NWC Treasurer. Now that my Jeep doesn't suck, I can't wait to wheel the sh!t out of it this next year!

started the year off great.. in January i Bought my ZJ, and had made the decision i was going to be parking the XJ for awhile to re-gear the axles and go 35"s with my tax refunds in feb..

The ZJ ended up being a bigger headache then the XJ.. as seen here i had to have it towed for a diagnostic service..
DSC03971.jpg

shortly after that i took the XJ on the "Torx birthday run" and had transmission problems.. so it finally got parked and put the 32s on the ZJ
DSC00730.jpg

Instead of "Pimping the XJ" i ended up making a wiser financial choice and paid off bills (boo!!! for responsibility)

In june i spent over $2k in 1 week on Maintenance and a few small upgrades to prepare for NWF-2010 ended up spending time in the hospital for "drinking" brakleen witch forced me to quit smoking.
then NWF ended up being a lame trip for me. (more breakdowns then trails)

but in July i got my first taste for Dunes..
DSC00660.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

Unfortunately, It came to a point where i really wanted my garage back, and due to some bad decisions on behalf of a "buddy" (parts were taken off my rig, put on his rig, then he sold the rig) aswell as having nearly 400ft/tq in the ZJ, I lost my motivation with the XJ... so the Bittersweet day came
DSC01380.jpg

then there was the thanksgiving run, for me this run is quickly turning into my favorite..
rigs1.jpg

thanksgivingrun129.jpg

2011 is sure to bring alot of new things for me and this jeep, without giving too much away,Bigger rubber, More sand, And dry red dirt.. are all in my distant future:wave:

Last edited:
Great recap and pictures guys!

I'd have to say my daughter coming home on newyears night was the the best new years present I could think of and watching her grow up and learn over the year. ( I still cant believe she is going to be a year old in 3 days:sunshine:)
052.jpg

As far as my jeep I didnt get out much this year because of my daughter being a infant and trying to "finish" my jeep, but I was able to make it out to NWFest with a friend of mine in his bronco and also made it to a couple local runs.

givenherhell.jpg

I cant wait to see what 2011 has in store, its definately going to be a exciting year:yelclap:

Well I don't think I got out on the trails this year unless this was from this year, (I tend to forget what year things happen in :banghead:) But this is from the last time I was able to hit the trails before the motor decided to take a crap on me at 300,000+ miles on it :explosion. Soon here thanks to a fellow NAXJA member be back on the road finally. That reminds me any one going to be up for a motor swap weekend with me:repair: This means I am going to need a trail run sometime after the first of the year, I am dying to get back on the trails.
IMG_0380.jpg

We did pick this up this year from the father inlaw. Love this truck and all but not for the trails though just not the same as the XJ.
019.jpg

It came with a nice little motor in it though and almost went with putting this in the XJ BUT that would turn a $80 in gas day on the trails to about $200 or more so no it stays in the truck.
021.jpg

Then there is the fishing, well that goes good every year so instead of posting all the pics here is one of the many limited out days we had this year that filled the freezer.
007-3.jpg

Then I think the larger thing for me that happened is I went back to college and am going to class for network and internet security systems. So far the classes are going great and the family and myself are very happy that I decided to do this.

Back