• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it too early? Cofest?

St Vrain Valley School District starts school Tuesday August 13, so the weekend of the 10-11 is ideal for me as I won't have to take my son out of school for it. I would probably show up Thursday night (leave straight from work) and leave Sunday afternoon or early Monday morning if its that weekend.

I'll be sure to bring up the late check in. I guess that would be one reason for the chapter to collect the fees and pay the campground.

Yeah, if you could swing that, it would be far easier.

The attitude she gave me on the phone (and I was being overly nice about things), was basically take our rules as is, or find somewhere else. So we looked at Chalk Creek, but they were fully booked when we would need them to.

I was kind of baffled that they were giving a hard no to paying...up front...for ~10 people for the week (we could sort out things within our chapter as it went).

Newp...they were insistent that it left them open to be "gamed" and that people would come in at night, stay, use the facilities, and leave in the morning before check in and never pay :laugh:

I need a show of hands. If I can't see the possibility of 10 people showing up, I'm calling it off. I will be in touch with Cathy this aft. She is always very cooperative with me.

The check in issue only applies to reserved trailer sites, not a group tent site. Check in is 9 pm for reserved sites. If you are joining us in the group tent site, it doesn't matter, you can check in the next morning.

Dates that I have confirmed are 7/24-7/27 and 8/1-8/4.

The check in issue only applies to reserved trailer sites, not a group tent site. Check in is 9 pm for reserved sites. If you are joining us in the group tent site, it doesn't matter, you can check in the next morning.

Dates that I have confirmed are 7/24-7/27 and 8/1-8/4.

Awesome, glad to see they changed it.

So you booked two weekends, or are just those the ones available?

Nothing is booked. Those are the two I checked on. 8/10 is not available. There is some kind of big running thing going on, so I'd bet nothing is available that week-end.

I could possibly do the 24-27, though I’d prefer that was shifted 1 day. Wednesday through Saturday seems odd and it’s an extra day of leave. Maybe show up Wednesday night and leave Sunday morning with the actual event being Thursday through Saturday? Not sure what your plan is.

Right now we’re looking at rescheduling drill in July, so that might effect my ability to attend in July.

It would be Wed night through Sat night. Most folks prefer to leave on Sunday. If others want it Thurs night through Sunday night, they need to chime in. I have not reserved the site yet, but will shortly.

Which reminds me, I haven't hit Cathy up on a price yet. I'll use my credit to reserve it. The last time I did that, it cost me a couple of hundred bucks, but that was because I had to reserve individual sites.

Also, BOD Someone needs to start a thread in the Events section so that the rest of NAXJA can know what's going on. I think once the thread is started, anyone can post, and I'll update as things are firmed up.

Wednesday night to essentially Sunday morning makes sense to me. BOD should have funds to cover deposits.

It would be Wed night through Sat night. Most folks prefer to leave on Sunday. If others want it Thurs night through Sunday night, they need to chime in. I have not reserved the site yet, but will shortly.

Which reminds me, I haven't hit Cathy up on a price yet. I'll use my credit to reserve it. The last time I did that, it cost me a couple of hundred bucks, but that was because I had to reserve individual sites.

Also, BOD Someone needs to start a thread in the Events section so that the rest of NAXJA can know what's going on. I think once the thread is started, anyone can post, and I'll update as things are firmed up.
Let me know what that amount is, Fred.

I will more than likely be joining you guys if its in BV (Just a 40 minute drive from Leadville).

Now that I live in CO. again, and have a capable XJ I would be up for this dates for me are flexible as long as I know 3 to 4 weeks on advance.

I'm trying to reserve 7/24-27. I've yet to hear back from Cathy, the campground hostess.

The dates are reserved, Wed night, 7/24 through Sun morning, 7/28. Check in time is 2 PM, check out is 11 AM. Stop in at the office and check in with Cathy, and pay for number of nights x people in group. I don't have a price yet, I'd expect it to be in the range of $11/person/night. Come for the whole time, or for just a night. We do need to average 10 people per night. I covered the deposit, it will just come off of my charges to the stay. I will be there Wed afternoon thru Sunday morning, along with Zac, and probably Nancy.

Trails tend to be decided the morning of the run. Wheeler, or Holy Cross are best decided before the day of. I'm sure Chinaman's is on the agenda.

No plans as yet for a dinner or a raffle.

Back